New member in Southwestern Virginia

Roman Legion

Nov 8, 2012
Atkins, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 1000
Primary Interest:
Other
I have had a radio shack Discover 1000 metal detector for many years and today I just brushed about a decade or more of dust off of it and the battery still somehow works. I was curious what cool things I might find just in my yard, but all I found were railroad spikes so I got bored really fast. I saw a video today linked from a van dwelling youtube channel and remembered I had an old metal detector, I have no idea how it works or anything. Anyway, I hope to get out there and find something cool.

Syrena Hunter

Nov 30, 2004
Palm Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000
Minelab Excalibur-800
Cobra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratz on coming back to MD'ing, My first detector was a Radio Shack Model years ago and it was very confusing. The problem was me of course...and my yard. Seems since I had a newly built house, there were nails all over the yard so the thing never stopped going off. 20 years later I have upgraded to a high end machine and am out on the beaches finding real treasure.:hello2:. Understand the machine and go where you feel treasure is (coins in the local public park) and have a ball! Good luck and happy hunting!

OP
OP
Roman Legion

Roman Legion

Nov 8, 2012
Atkins, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 1000
Primary Interest:
Other
This house has been sitting here since about 1949, there must be something, even pennies around here, I just have no idea how to use this MD at all, so all I dig up are rail road spikes. Not sure where in Smyth County Virginia would be a decent place to look.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread