FiveBees

Greenie
Mar 15, 2015
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Bandido II µMax, TigerShark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We recently bought our first detector as something to do as a family. I've been reading and reading here and on another forum or two. Today we made our third trip out, and oddly enough didn't go past the land directly behind our house. We found 2 square head nails, a smaller possibly horseshoe nail, 4 old paper shotgun shell brass pieces, an 2 unknown chunks of iron, a flattened out lead bullet of some type, a few pieces of foil and wire and a 1939 Walking Liberty! Our first coin and the nails were a first for us as well. As late as last night I was reading tips on properly setting up our detector, Tesoro Bandido II µMax, and what a difference it made. We had been going about several things all wrong and gained a lot of knowledge lurking around here. So, THANKS for all the great posts and info. Obviously we are hooked now and can't wait to get back out.

03-15finds.JPG

Upvote 5

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hell of a first coin. That'll make for a lasting memory. Congrats, happiness and health

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi FiveBees, what a nice start you had there ! Congrats :occasion14:

OP
OP
F

FiveBees

Greenie
Mar 15, 2015
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Bandido II µMax, TigerShark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Should of mentioned, the coin was about three feet away from one pieces of shotgun shell. I would guess it fell out of a pocket while reaching for another shell.

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 , Pro pointer, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
That's not normal! Your first coin a '39 silver? Congratulations, well done. Just for kicks, you can usually determine the approximate era the shotgun shells were made. Shotgun

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread