Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just purchased a new detector, AT pro. My question is how should it be stored when not using it? I don't mean taking out the batteries, I mean can you hang it? keep it on a shelf? so it won't get damaged.

Thanks, Stu

I hang mine on bike hangers ( rubber coated "J" hooks ) in a small closet under the stairs. It is an "out of the way" place that I feel is less likely to be accidentally damaged compared to a daily use closet. I have always felt it safer to hang it rather than to leave it on the ground to be knocked over etc. The batteries are a common question among hunters. In my personal experience I have had great luck with Duracell or similar high quality batteries not leaking vs the cheaper ones, but definitely take them out if you plan on storing for prolonged periods. 9 volt batteries seem much more prone to leakage than AA's in my experience. Even though I hunt some really rough terrain from time to time and view it as a tool to be used not admired, I try not to loose site of the fact that it is a fairly expensive investment and a large part of it's value is the hours invested in learning how to use it. Many of us wouldn't trade our "old faithful" for a brand new unit so a little extra effort to safely store them is time well spent. HH

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I had my Minelab off the hook to charge the battery and leaned it up against the sink in the garage! The next thing I know the Excal hit the garage floor hard! I was afraid that I had damaged it but no, it was ok!
The rest of the time my 3 detectors hang on the garage shop wall.
It's a very good thing to hang your detector so it doesn't inadvertently fall over!
Best of Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread