New Mexico Symbols

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
rangler said:
Oro Roy
One more tiny piece of the puzzle..
just last week I saw on History channel that Arizona was part of the Confederacy!
perhaps this explains how JJ's mark (if that is what it is) ended up in the Supers!

Maybe he knew enough of the old signs to be looking for some Spanish caches or
he knew this was a wild enough place to hide some goodies for the South. Of course
their were lots of current mining in the area perhaps he was thereto 'liberate' some goodies
from others?
rangler

"A Riddle Wrapped in a Mystery Inside an Enigma"....... Winston S. Churchill, October 1, 1939

Yes Arizona was <briefly> held by the Confederacy, but the units that went there came from Texas (mostly) and as far as I know, Jesse James never went to AZ. That doesn't mean he never went into AZ either, only that I have never found any proof that he did; perhaps a JJ inscription would be the evidence to prove he did?
Oroblanco

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A couple more just for fun. A bigger shot of the anchor. The second pic interests me in a way, because out exploring, I always pay attention to rocks that don't belong, or seem to be unnaturally placed. I find a lot of historic and pre-historic sites this way. It aggravates the wife when I pull off the road and run a half mile off into some farmer's field to look at some rock standin out there. Anybody wants to know where this place is, I'm happy to pass the info on; maybe some one of us will find somethin around there. (Guess I forgot to add the pics, got em now.)

Just found this thread, 10 years late.
I am currently on the JJ trail and KGC stuff in New Mexico.
If you would care to disclose this location I would be appreciative.
You can PM if you wish.
Hope you are still active and healthy.
take care
wr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread