New Mini HillBilly Highbanker and Trip

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
The Highbanker:
Cost less than $10 and 10 lbs! The small sluice caught about 85% of the gold and the big sluice caught the rest. We were feeding it fast and hard and went through alot of material in just 4 hours.
gold-2-5-11021.jpg

The Spot:
gold-2-5-11036.jpg

The Results:
First sluice clean up.
gold-2-5-11030.jpg

All of it.
gold-2-5-11033.jpg
gold-2-5-11027.jpg

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Looking nice man. Some pretty color there. I really like how you got the sluices set with the highbanker to shovel into, that so much nicer then just a sluice. That creek looks good too. Thanks for sharing and hope you find much more there.

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Love the set up!! How many buckets aprox did you get to put through and how was the noise factor from the pump? Who would have thought you could do so many things with a plastic 5 gal bucket? Good job guys thanks for posting the pics!! :hello2: gotta run I am trying to get out to sluice it up. Will post what comes of it, see ya. Gravelwasher

OP
OP
Caminochaos

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
Gravelwasher said:
Love the set up!! How many buckets aprox did you get to put through and how was the noise factor from the pump? Who would have thought you could do so many things with a plastic 5 gal bucket? Good job guys thanks for posting the pics!! :hello2: gotta run I am trying to get out to sluice it up. Will post what comes of it, see ya. Gravelwasher

If you look at your tailing pile and our tailing pile we ran approx. the same amount of material in 4 hours then we did by hand in 3 days. The pump wasn't bad. My brother and I can hold a normal conversation without even raising our voices.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
now you got my heart pumpin, need to make the long drive to the claim, sweet

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice set up and great ingenuity on the banker sluice set up... Good looking gold also.. HH and may the bottoms of your pans be golden :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Caminochaos

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
Thanks guys. I found a slightly taller bucket that should give me a bit more room for my shovel. I also need to work on a better way to mount the bucket to the sluice and perhaps a cheap stand. I'll be using it in a new spot tomorrow so we'll see how it works out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread