New MX5

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out Kellyco. They have a new MX5. I am a Tesoro guy but I am drooling over this one! Come on guys, buy one and give us a review!

Lol im curious on.how it performs aswell I dont think it'll beat my v3i but for what It is does look good

Brooklynhunter

Jul 16, 2013
I too have the v3i. Hope the MX5 detector is a performer. Really looking for a detector that can be used in inclement weather.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya i got a a couple machines that take care of all the elements of what I hunt to me its pretty important

40ton

May 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A waterproof M6 would have been nice. I think White's missed the boat on this one. This detector should have been an ATPro killler, and probably outperforms one. BUT it's not waterproof. Thats the selling point for me.

OP
OP
rainyday101

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe it said weather resistant as maybe in rain proof. For that price if it performs depth wise it could very well be an AT killer. I hope it is cuz I get tired of the AT hype! It will definitely be in my sights for next spring. I hope none of the Tesoro guys catch me here!

40ton

May 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best all round detector on the mkt right now. Deal with it!

So you are saying the Atpro is better than the high end machines you have owned?
Whatever works for you I guess.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think he means best all around machine on the market for the price. I love my AT Pro but my V3i will run circles around it and it should. But when in the water, on the beach and in the rain it's my go to detector for sure!

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Doubtful!

Best all round detector on the mkt right now. Deal with it!

Quote by Fella: "My metal detector is better! No, MY metal detector is better than yours! Well mine is better than ALL of yours!

Pathetic!"

Yep, it is pathetic!

40ton

May 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brand comparisons and air tests that we all like to discuss, there is no way an AT anything will come close to a high end machine. Does the ATpro have it's purpose? Of course it does. I have considered buying one. Will it replace my V3? Of course not. Or even my modded IDX pro.
Newfiehunter- how do you like that Cortes?

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brand comparisons and air tests that we all like to discuss, there is no way an AT anything will come close to a high end machine. Does the ATpro have it's purpose? Of course it does. I have considered buying one. Will it replace my V3? Of course not. Or even my modded IDX pro.
Newfiehunter- how do you like that Cortes?

Hey! To be honest, I purchased the Cortes because I got a great deal on it and couldn't pass it up! Never used it or my Vaquero because my Fisher CZ5 is my main unit and they are both backups. With that being said, I have tested the Cortes and it does seem like a decent machine, but the screen is a little difficult to see. Have to get out and use the Vaquero and Cortes. I could be missing out.

pursuit

Dec 29, 2010
ohio
Detector(s) used
whites v3
Hi all! Thought i would share this link, it is a great machine. It is my opinion however, I own a V3I but my son owns the MX5 and it does well. *

Last edited:

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fella makes me laugh...... a lot.......:laughing7: And I promise this is not meant as a shot at ya Fella just an attitude that makes me smile. We have members on Tnet that have forgot more than most of us know about Metal Detecting. I know they smile at such comments as well. There is NO doubt it is an awesome machine but have seen so many with the latest and greatest get their butts handed to them with well worn "outdated" machines that it is hilarious. Experience with your detector and lots of research will get you more finds than the latest and greatest any day. In reality I would say most modern good quality detectors would have picked up 95% of our best finds for most of us. Where the AT Pro really shines is its ability to hit the water as well. I had a friend years ago that never had a bad word to say about anybody or their machines, he just loved the time with friends and to hunt. I will never forget his grins as some of us would say "check this Larry" as we were learning our new machines. He hunted with an older Lobo and on our best days you MIGHT keep up with the old man. Loved the fact you never got a "DEAL WITH IT" out of him. Guess it is because we had to "deal with it" when we tallied finds at the end of the day.

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or get the best of all worlds with multiple frequencies jump on a v3i

dirtfisher

May 10, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster GT, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cibola, HF9F Metal Detector.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually it offers WAY more features than the GT. I got a GT and it's okay, but MAN I am really digging this White's MX5. Was going to get a Vaquero (and I am mainly a Tesoro guy although I own 2 White's), but this MX5 has really got me reconsidering. :)

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Actually it offers WAY more features than the GT. I got a GT and it's okay, but MAN I am really digging this White's MX5. Was going to get a Vaquero (and I am mainly a Tesoro guy although I own 2 White's), but this MX5 has really got me reconsidering. :)

This MX5 has many great features! Just wondering on how capable this machine is when it comes to depth, id, stability, etc before I jump on the bandwagon. Think I will wait until I see how it is doing with other members before I fork out the money for it. There are not many reviews on it anywhere from Treasurenet or even Youtube. So if anyone has a review they would like to post on it, there are many who would like to see it!

OP
OP
rainyday101

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This MX5 has many great features! Just wondering on how capable this machine is when it comes to depth, id, stability, etc before I jump on the bandwagon. Think I will wait until I see how it is doing with other members before I fork out the money for it. There are not many reviews on it anywhere from Treasurenet or even Youtube. So if anyone has a review they would like to post on it, there are many who would like to see it!

Newfiehunter, check this link out, there is an impressive air test near the end of the video.

I agree though, it is still wait and see time for me. There seems to be a common problem with them changing tones in pin point. Whites seems to have finally acknowledged the problem. I have no doubt they will take care of it.

One of the most impressive air test I have seen is by dirtfisher on the F70 on youtube.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread