Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whites isn't telling the price yet. One forum MD tester said $1349 MSRP. I can't see it in the V3i range, Maybe half way between the V3i and the Treasure Pro. $799-$899 MSRP is my guess.

12485926_10153955235841694_7871888246202868064_o.jpg
Caption says: Hunt alongside other detectors. No interference. MX Sport Frequency Offset.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW!!!! The price - AINT- right!!! :laughing7:

LOL.........
I added to the post. I agree, Terry. Unless there's something there I can't see (multi-freq, programs), the MX Sport is to the Treasure Pro what the AT Pro is to the Ace350. It seems to be an AT Pro competitor, thus should be priced around the same. Just my opinion.

dbsmokey

Jan 12, 2004
Oregon
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a TreasurePro detector with some technology borrowed from the V3 in a water proof body. Nothing about it has anything to do with the MXT at all.
This is not a true statement. A version of the manual is available; the details therein reveal it is quite similar the the MXT.

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not a true statement. A version of the manual is available; the details therein reveal it is quite similar the the MXT.

You are so right.:occasion14:
I have been following white's on F/B and this seems to be the next gen MXT pro. I have never really liked the nobs and switches on my, I prefer the touch panel on my mx5. If it will work as good as the MXT pro it's a winner. I would like to know if it has the standby option like the mx5, I really like that.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are so right.:occasion14:
I have been following white's on F/B and this seems to be the next gen MXT pro. I have never really liked the nobs and switches on my, I prefer the touch panel on my mx5. If it will work as good as the MXT pro it's a winner. I would like to know if it has the standby option like the mx5, I really like that.

If it is JUST like a waterproof MX-5 with standby and perhaps lockable gb that everyone says the mx5 lacks, it will be a winner!

Last edited:

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold
Terry, I am not naming you in particular even though you don't seem particularly fond of it......I'm also saying others are claiming how "Good" this unit will be and can't wait to purchase it...How can people say things like that if there are no reviews or any reliable tests of the MXS...I want to see reviews, tests and opinions before I make any decision regarding the purchase of any detector...I have considered/reconsidered many times the choices of detector I want in the future...I went from the Makro Racer, T2, Omega 8500, Fisher F75, MX5, MX6, MXT Pro...etc.....Just because a new detector is introduced and "looks" impressive, doesn't mean it will perform in the field...The MXS may be a good detector or it may not....Just saying...

I just think ppl are excited about the features it comes with . Alot of people have been waiting for something waterproof to compete against the at pro . Having a copy of the owners manual does allow people to start talking about the possibilities and forming opinions about how it might preform .

Jan 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
White's V3 + RNB 2900
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Screen Shot 2016-01-19 at 6.10.48 PM.png

One of these machines is not like the others. If you can't see that there's nothing I can do for you. Everything that is in the manual is what the V3 already has. This MXSport has nothing to do with the MXT.

Loyal customers have been petitioning White's for a REAL MXT successor for YEARS. The MXSport is not it.

It would make just as much sense to market it as a V3Sport or what it truly is a Treasure Pro Sport.

Taking the motor out of a mustang and putting it in a F150 does not make it a Mustang Truck. Just like putting upgrades in a Treasure Pro doesn't make it anything but an upgraded Treasure Pro.

Give us a REAL MXT UPGRADE.

Last edited:

dbsmokey

Jan 12, 2004
Oregon
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of these machines is not like the others. If you can't see that there's nothing I can do for you. Everything that is in the manual is what the V3 already has. This MXSport has nothing to do with the MXT.

Loyal customers have been petitioning White's for a REAL MXT successor for YEARS. The MXSport is not it.

It would make just as much sense to market it as a V3Sport or what it truly is a Treasure Pro Sport.

Taking the motor out of a mustang and putting it in a F150 does not make it a Mustang Truck. Just like putting upgrades in a Treasure Pro doesn't make it anything but an upgraded Treasure Pro.

Give us a REAL MXT UPGRADE.
I'm guessing you're not an electrical engineer, but could you summarize the upgrades you request for the mxt and how they differ from the upgrades provided with the mx sport? Have you had a chance to look at the manual for the mx sport or are you basing the conclusions on pictures alone? P.s. It's not a good sign when your getting "likes" from Terry. Lol.

Jan 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
White's V3 + RNB 2900
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
tEwD9Ix.png

The MXT 300 is a MXT, the MXT ALL PRO is a MXT Pro, and the MXSport is a Treasure Pro. Once you accept that you will realize why loyal MXT users are tired of being jerked around.

Last edited:

seychik

Nov 3, 2011
Denver Metro, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just called Whites, and ask how much the MXSport will be. The woman responded "$799.95". That does not include headphones. She didn't have a release date but said in a few weeks/several weeks. After they get them in, they will ship to their dealers (2 or so days). My dealer in Golden, CO (Gold-N-Detectors) has no info from Whites on a release date.
Cindy

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$800 sounds about right, after the discount $700-$750.
It also comes with the adapter for using your standard headphones.
Will there be an adapter for the standard MXT coils? or will the current connector on the standard coils be good enough for the 10' limited.:icon_scratch: We will just need to wait and see.:laughing7:

Jan 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
White's V3 + RNB 2900
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
White's said there was talk of a coil adapter. I heard the preorder price was $680 through a White's dealer.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm Shocked at a price of ONLY $700.00 !!! I'm ordering two!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you think the MAP price for the MXS will be $899.00? So $899.00 - ATpro MAP price $594.00 ='s $305 difference not your initial $650 claim. So if the ATpro was upgraded with a larger screen, backlight, auto trac with lock, more notches, adjustable tone ID, threshold adjustment, volume adjustment, true all metal, Vco it wouldn't be worth $305 more? I think it would.....
Even with a "$305" upgrade ATPro would still be a single freq detector and chatty and when used in salt water.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I think the salt beach hunters are waiting for something new and not another new sugar coated VLF that does the same as all the rest. When will the multi frequency salt capable, PI depth comparable, VDI screen detector come out?? That's what I'm waiting for.

DannyB1954

Nov 29, 2015
Pahrump, Nv.
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, DFX, V3i. TDI SL
Fischer F-75, F-19, CZ7a Pro.
Garrett Infinium, ATX
Nokta AU Gold, Racer, Simplex, legend
Minelab Explorer SE
Tesoro Lobo ST, Tejon, Compadre
Teknetics Omega 8500
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the salt beach hunters are waiting for something new and not another new sugar coated VLF that does the same as all the rest. When will the multi frequency salt capable, PI depth comparable, VDI screen detector come out?? That's what I'm waiting for.
White's had the DFX years ago. It isn't water proof, and it is out of production. The V3i is it's successor. A waterproof V3i would be interesting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread