Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

swedwards1

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an xlt now I will be upgrading in a couple of months I am thinking the v3i ,should I consider the new mxsport or stick with the v3i

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have an xlt now I will be upgrading in a couple of months I am thinking the v3i ,should I consider the new mxsport or stick with the v3i

You are talking about two completely different machines. The V3i is the top of their line and the MX Sport is near the bottom. What kind of hunting do you typically do?

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold

I love my v3 :). Imo it's the best of the best!

swedwards1

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are talking about two completely different machines. The V3i is the top of their line and the MX Sport is near the bottom. What kind of hunting do you typically do?

I hunt everything from beaches to parks but mostly all inland I'll stick with my original plan I've been detecting for around 20 years and just want some new tech. Thanks for the reply.

swedwards1

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys sorta thought this was the case I'll stick with my original plan.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I GOTS MY EYE ON ONE OF THESE JEWELS AND GLAD ITS WATERPROOF. LIKE THE IDEA OF REDUCING THE SIZE OF THE MXT SERIES AND WATERPROOFING. WHAT MADE MINE SO HEAVY WAS THE COIL THAT COME WITH IT. I USE DETECH 8X6 WITH NO PROBLEMS SO FAR.... MAYBE ONE OF THESE DAYS THE FUTURE DETECTORS WILL HAVE XRAY SO YOU SEE WHAT YOU FIND .

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At $750 its worth a try but ill wait for the reviews first. More batteries and more weight than an AT Pro but it does have a backlight. Just hope its VDI locks on pretty good on the deeper stuff like the Garrett. Its the cheapest machine ive tried that does

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
I wouldn't spend $750 on one...$500 maybe. I like White's machines, but other than being water resistant, what will it do that my XLT or QXT don't already do?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At $750 its worth a try but ill wait for the reviews first. More batteries and more weight than an AT Pro but it does have a backlight. Just hope its VDI locks on pretty good on the deeper stuff like the Garrett. Its the cheapest machine ive tried that does

The MX may weigh more than the AT on paper but the balance will be much better because the weight is distributed better with battery under forearm. The MX having a threshold and backlight makes it much more appealing than the AT IMO.

Last edited:

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And today is the big day...:hello2: they announce the price.. so everyone cant stop speculating.:occasion14:

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
Dual Field, CZ-21, V3i, VX3, Deus, BHID 300, Coinmaster GT, MX5, Ace 150, Ace 250, Gtax 1000, MXT Pro
I'm loving that coil! This machine looks like it means business.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
22 audio tones? 8 on the Coin GT drove me nuts. My ear isn't that good to distinguish 22 different tones.

It's beyond MY price range anyways.

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well $799 is the price

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I was thinking about the weight and balance, Fletch. I have a Tiger Shark, about 4.5 pounds, but because the battery pack is mounted just under the armrest it balances out the coil so that it is actually as easy to swing on land as my much lighter Xterra. I am just hoping that 4 pound weight, though, includes batteries.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread