New & my collection

hbrown22

Jul 23, 2013
north Middle Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello, I'm Heather and just joined a few days ago. My husband and I are from north Middle Tennessee and enjoy spending time walking through the creek and surrounding land. Over the past several years we've picked up several artifacts. I'm posting a few pix of some of our items. I don't know the dates or exactly the tribe. I do know the maps show our area as Shawnee, but from what I've read it was kind of a communal hunting ground, no permanent settlement. It did become a hostile territory and many indian/settler conflicts happened a few miles from our place (Cross Plains, TN). If anyone know what any of the tools are/used for, it would be greatly appreciated. If I need to throw it the rock pile, just let me know :)

These are our almost complete arrowheads. (box is 12" high)

8.JPG

These have been damaged by plows, but we still keep them.(points, mids, bottom, then other items)

9.JPG

These are possible tools we've found

7.JPG 6.JPG

I look forward to learning a lot on here!

Heather Brown

Upvote 0

borlamm1

Jan 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the first pic i can see an adeana, hardin, and pine tree...jmho though

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site Heather. Good looking pieces you and your husband have found. What you guys are finding though is much older than any of the historic tribes that may have been in the area. You have pieces from the Early Archaic time period that is around 8,500 BC or over 10,000 years old. I also see an Adena and a few Middle Woodland types which are around 3500 to 6500 years old. The one thing I don't see is any Ft Ancient or Mississippian pieces which would be the latest culture and only a few hundred to 1000 years old so your sites are really old.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok 3rd pic bottom row (its grey) kinda square. Can you show a side pic of it cause I think I see a hole in it? Might be the best piece in your collection if I am rite. Also you have a grooved ax head in the same frame.

Last edited:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From that one its the 3rd on the left, its grey. But keep all the ones with holes in them.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:wave: Welcome aboard to TNET Heather! Looks like you and your husband are on a good start in the fascinating hobby of searching for Indian artifacts. Cool artifacts you have there, Congratulations! :icon_thumleft:

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, I keep all broken parts and keep them in some clear fish bowl's, I call them broken dreams:occasion14:

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome-welcome! Nice stuff you have there- and much older than tribes. Much. And you obviously have a great eye- you both do! Thanks for the show- and let us know if you find anything new! Yakker

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard Heather and husband. What a great area you are in. Lots of good water hunts in your area also, Stones River,Duck and Elk rivers and then the Cumberland plateau .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread