New Park Finds

EggHunters

Sep 21, 2007
San Antonio, Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
My wife discovered this park not tooo far from us. It has a lot of history surrounding it, so we thought we would try and hit it up for awhile and see what we can find. We've been going at least once or twice a week to this place and have discovered some interesting things. First time we found a New Zealand 3pence, dated 1939, last week we found our first Buffalo head nickel, the only problem is that its been buried for who knows how long and the date is completly obliterated. Also have found some impacted bullets and some "what the heck is that"s. Will try and get some pics of the other stuff soon. We hope to find some more cool items...we'll keep you posted..

Tye & Sharon

Attachments

• DSCN1641_edited.JPG
    DSCN1641_edited.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 578
  • DSCN1643.JPG
    DSCN1643.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 576
Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyplace you find Buffalos is a place to return to. :thumbsup:

Good hunting.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just found my first buffalo this weekend at a park as well, soak it in vinegar for an hour then rub baking soda on it between your fingers, and rinse with water, you might just find a date! I did on mine and it cleaned up real nice. It turned out being a 1919

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some very awsome finds...can't wait to see what else come outta there... :thumbsup:

digmichigan

Oct 23, 2007
mid-michigan
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V
Nice finds - I get real excited when I find a new park to detect.

I look forward to the rest of the park's hidden treasures

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!!!

OP
OP
E

EggHunters

Sep 21, 2007
San Antonio, Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Goes4ever said:
just found my first buffalo this weekend at a park as well, soak it in vinegar for an hour then rub baking soda on it between your fingers, and rinse with water, you might just find a date! I did on mine and it cleaned up real nice. It turned out being a 1919
Saw your buffalo nickel, very nice. yes we tried everything to get a date on that one..no luck.. :(

TXBLUZMAN said:
Nice finds Tye. :thumbsup:
thanks my friend..nice finds on yours also.... :thumbsup:

seger98 said:
Is that 3 pence a silver coin then? looks like it!
yes, it is part silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread