new permission and possible aircraft dial ?!

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, I only got back from my holiday at 11pm last night and was totally knackered today but I'm never one to pass the opportunity to get out detecting so I went down to my local pasture permission.

Whilst setting up I noticed the farmer on the adjacent field bailing a load of hay and thought I would go have a chat and try secure permission on his field. Well as soon as I set off the walk to him he was off in his tractor, I was not letting the opportunity pass though as I have wanted permission there for a couple of years. So I sprinted down the field along a track for about half a mile lol.

By the time I reached him I must have looked like something out of a horror movie. After a good chat he allowed me permission to detect there and we talked about the history of the land. In the past it bordered a railway track, was a Victorian race course, had army training and was then a grass runway for a while.

Anyway I excitedly started detecting there and got a few nice finds, one being a possible aircraft dial which I could do with an id on. I also had a nice military button and some other stuff. Please check out the video as I have put some good still pics on it for the identification.

https://youtu.be/Oa3w0Cod9os

Happy hunting.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread