New Prizm III owner

BillW313

Mar 13, 2009
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III Garrett's GTP 1350
I bought a Prizm III 10 days ago and have used it 8 of those days. This is my first dectector since selling my old Garrett aprox. 10yrs ago. My best find so far has been a 10k gold wedding band. My problem is that I have not found any silver coins at all. I have rehunted some of my old sites and have not found anything but clad. These are sites where I was always able to find silver. I find that I am digging clad at the same depth I used to dig silver. Does anyone have any tips on how to set the Prizm III for maximum depth detecting. It is getting frustrating digging just clad when I know there is silver there.

Thanks,

BillW

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
Iron can mask deeper silver. You may have cherry picked the easy silver? Now you have some work in front of you. Run as high of sens as you can without falsing. Open up ALL notches and run in all metal disc. Short of digging all iron at this time look for any high coin block to light up. Meaning you get some type of beep. Solid or iffy. Since there is no tone ID on the P3 your forced to look at the TID. Sweep your target and look for the high coin blocks to lite up. Even if it's just a flash. Then dig. Work your high coin areas first. Just do a 10 ft square at a time. Then once you have hunted this way and still think there's silver. Well you then dig everything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread