NEW record on Clad today....72 quarters, 49 dimes, 1 nickel & 50 cents w/ Whites MX5

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NEW record on Clad today....72 quarters, 49 dimes, 1 nickel & 50 cents w/ Whites MX5

Fourth time hunting at this SW Georgia School complex and set a NEW clad record for the year: found 172 coins total: 72 quarters, 49 clad dimes, 1 nickel, and 50 cents in 5 1/2 hours....That's $23.45 face value
hello2.gif
.....A Good Day!!

Thanks for looking.

002.JPG

Happy Hunting.

Bill

Upvote 10
OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All that and one nickel? Lol

Hi Guys......this hunt at the County School Complex, I was in Stage 1. I will return next week for Stage 2(see below):

Quote from my previous posting on the Stage 1 and Stage 2 method that I am currently using with high discrimination on Stage 1:
"What nickels?.....so you noticed the absence of nickels and trash.....lol.......The last 4 months, since I received the VDI Whites MX5, I have been working my own priority plan of recovering targets to cut down on excessive digging and trash, that works for me in 2 stages......1st stage recover ALL clad & silver dollars, halfs, quarters, dimes, 95% copper cents & silver jewelry, then 2nd stage, return and grid in ALL metal to recover nickels, gold and alot of trash and digging. But this works for me as I just turned 73 last week and have been doing this over 44 years.......I love the silver coins and cannot hunt as many hours as I used to at one outing.....and most nickels & indianhead cents don't come out of the ground in very good condition, So it is about the gold rings for me. However on the beach, I always hunt in All metal and dig everything, because percentage of rings lost there are much higher.......Just my personal method that I use for only the areas close to where I live, that I keep going back.....because we all know an area is NEVER cleaned out, as experience and equipment improvements continue in the future & high traffic areas like school grounds, playgrounds, tot-lots, sports fields, parks, beaches, etc. coin & jewelry drops happen daily. .......Good Luck & Happy Hunting to ALL".

Thanks for your comments.
Bill

sproatz

Oct 2, 2014
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites spectra v3i with multiple coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just kidding with you Hence the 'lol'

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that's great. Lunch and gas money. I think my most was 16 Quarters and they were in a 12-14 diameter, obviously a spill. Good day for sure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions