New respect for Beach Hunters

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
I just returned from a great week in Panama City Beach FL. We stayed at a Condo unit called Portside. I now have a new and greater respect for those of you that beach hunt regularly. First, surprisingly, I didn't see any other detectorists on the beach while I was there..early morning or late evening. Second I forgot the sand scoop and couldn't find one anyplace in thea area, even went to some pawn shops in hopes of a miracle. :-X I tried making one from a strainer and that was just too funny. Ended up finding lots of beer cans (spring break) and bottle caps. I did get some sun and that was nice. Although I didn't find anything good I would still like to be able to detect the beach more often as the scenery was magnificent!!

Dave

Upvote 0

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you made it to the beach, life is a lot easier with a scoop, maybe you will have one next time....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eye candy on Fla beaches is always nice. Hope next time you have a scoop and can enjoy hunting the beach.

I will hunt anywhere, but I perfer beach hunting, no grass to cut, easy digging, water to get in and cool off with, and BIKINIS. ;D

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
FL is sounding better all the time although I will let you guys enjoy their bikinis...I prefer other scenery! lol

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plenty for you to admire I am sure, although I am not in the habit of looking for them. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions