Sov GT with WOT coil on Beach still amazes me

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to Daytona Beach this weekend with the wife, her sister and my nieces, unfortunately other then what looks like a clad earring that I haven't even checked on since returning and clad coins, I didn't find much. I got rained out early so I wasn't able to hunt that long and surf was too rough to stay in water.

I wanted to try the 18 inch coil I have on loan, but went off and forgot the headphones >:( for my land Sov GT, I hate hunting with out headphones so I never took it out of the van.

The one positive note was the performance of the WOT coil and my water Sov GT. I have no Idea why some one did it, but I found a 1/4 piece of a penny where someone had cut a penny in 1/4Th's. I found it well over a foot deep in the wet sand at waters edge with the WOT. It was a solid signal..........

Target is nothing to brag about at all, only a novelty, but the WOT seeing that small and that deep is reassuring.........................

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread