New Roof on My House

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
When my wife and I got married, we had a new 25 year shingle roof installed on the house. Well, that was 25 years ago. Lately shingles were blowing off and some minor leaks were showing up, so I had to bite the bullet and do a new one. This time I had a metal roof installed, and by golly, I'm thinking it turned out darn nice.

roofB.jpg

roofC.jpg

roofA.jpg
I'm thinking it turned out pretty nice. It's supposed to get tested tonight, rain forecasted for a couple of days.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That should last. I'd like a copper roof, but that be expensive.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am thinking I will buy a metal roof when I get one too. As a kid, most people had them. They were very inexpensive back then. You never forget the sound of rain on one!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When my wife and I got married, we had a new 25 year shingle roof installed on the house. Well, that was 25 years ago. Lately shingles were blowing off and some minor leaks were showing up, so I had to bite the bullet and do a new one. This time I had a metal roof installed, and by golly, I'm thinking it turned out darn nice.

View attachment 1435952

View attachment 1435953

View attachment 1435954
I'm thinking it turned out pretty nice. It's supposed to get tested tonight, rain forecasted for a couple of days.

You made me Jealous My homeowners Dropped me.
and Right Now we are getting Heavy Rain, My Kitchen Floor is under water,
and the water is Dripping from all over including the Light Fixture :(

Can't afford a Fix, Just holding my Breath & Hoping it outlasts Me

OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
You made me Jealous My homeowners Dropped me.
and Right Now we are getting Heavy Rain, My Kitchen Floor is under water,
and the water is Dripping from all over including the Light Fixture :(

Can't afford a Fix, Just holding my Breath & Hoping it outlasts Me

Leaks don't fix themselves, they just get worse. I get a veteran's discount at Lowe's, so the entire roof, installed, cost me less than two grand. Even without the veteran discount, you should do your best to get it fixed.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks great! I have a blue metal roof on mine, too. I put it on, myself, over 25 years ago, and it's still going strong, though starting to show the galvanizing under the paint a little bit.
Jim

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes i understand about wood shake rotting. Gonna be about 15,000 to replace mine maybe next month.

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My cabin has the same blue metal...love it!

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You can't beat a steel or aluminum panel roof. Just gotta hope they didn't squash the rubber washers when they screwed them down. I built a lot of pole barns, and that was a #1 rule for the roof panels. Not really worry some over an existing roof, though ( unless you could see into the house in several areas!)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread