new show on the dutchman

Advocat

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My question is: could there be something UNDER the bat guano? Health risks aside, a cave like that could be an ideal location in which to hide a cache, etc.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
My question is: could there be something UNDER the bat guano? Health risks aside, a cave like that could be an ideal location in which to hide a cache, etc.

There was a guano operation back in the 1930's that hauled off all the guano from the cave, at the time (the source of those ladders, I believe).

If there was ever anything there, it's long gone by now.

nick435

Tenderfoot
Mar 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bat cave at canyon lake is at the ladder, an old guano mine, nothing but cacca is what they find lol

Anything is possible but i wouldn't bet the farm on it, if something were there it would've been discovered/uncovered, the veteran dutch hunters they visit on the show were talking about the cave 5 yrs ago on a forum, they pics of the bay cave, I recognized the old ladder and new that was the place, they even taled about picking thru the hardened droppings to get at the bottom, give you one guess who was in on the conversation, yep wayne, lmao the show is a complete scam

nick435

Tenderfoot
Mar 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bat cave at canyon lake is at the ladder, an old guano mine, nothing but cacca is what they find lol

There was a guano operation back in the 1930's that hauled off all the guano from the cave, at the time (the source of those ladders, I believe).

If there was ever anything there, it's long gone by now.

Deduce I have the same thoughts. The show is a scam to bring n in tourist for the gold field mining town and lost dutchman's museum and whatnot, this show is only going to get countless people hurt

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nick435,

HAHAHAHAHA The Production Company nor the A&E Network give a flying crap about tourism in Apache Junction. Wayne has a very good paying job, and I know what he got paid for the show. He probably did lose money. UNLESS, the show is picked up and gets syndicated.

Regarding them finding something: I have my thoughts about what they will find. It probably won't be what a couple of them think is the LDM (it would end the show). I don't know if it will be anything that nobody has seen before. I don't have an inside track on this, but it will probably be something someone found and never made public a long time ago. We'll see.

Mike

Last edited:

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Deduce I have the same thoughts. The show is a scam to bring n in tourist for the gold field mining town and lost dutchman's museum and whatnot, this show is only going to get countless people hurt

Other than Bob, who involved in the production would benefit from such a program?
If you are correct there would have to be a connection between the production company and the places that you named.
I doubt it.

It's just a good story, retold poorly, like most attempts.

ibjeepn

May 27, 2012
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic Whites Classic II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes I agree. it will just be another relic, footprint or other mark that may or may not be a clue.
I don't have much respect for the people who create previews.
They do allot of truth stretching to try and get newbies ...
and those who are on the verge of giving up watching , to tune in :unhappysmiley:

I agree. The show had me at hello. But, the last episode even had my wife saying " oh brother " . I'm not bashing anyone personally. Well, except the producer. Josh Gates ? Lmbo. I wish all well.
P.s. If they turn it into a cartoon series for saturday morning. I think it would be a hit. Jmo lol

johnmark29020

Oct 8, 2012
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is always the possibility that the location of what they found is being kepted secret.

I may be wrong,but I think this show is a reenactment of a real search. The location and maybe the people involved have been changed to protect the treasure. After all people will go looking. It would be irresponsible to disclose the exact location. Then again it might all be bull.
The truth is only a handful of people will ever know.
Of course there was a intense moment here at my house. When I saw those black hands. I thought for sure I was about to lose a cache. Hehe

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is always the possibility that the location of what they found is being kepted secret.

I may be wrong,but I think this show is a reenactment of a real search. The location and maybe the people involved have been changed to protect the treasure. After all people will go looking. It would be irresponsible to disclose the exact location. Then again it might all be bull.

Well if you read post #943 I raise a very good question it seems EVERYONE ignored, especially this LDM "OTHER" experts!

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/lost-dutchman-s-mine/447362-new-show-dutchman-63.html#post4420593

With over 100 years of people searching every nook, crack, hole, and everyone else's crevice. It is either a myth, or someone found that a very very long time ago before your fathers were born and we all know the truth.............."IF" I mean a VERY BIG "IF" the so called treasure is found we all know who will end up taking it, just like the gold in Victorio Peak and other locations. So with that said........There WILL BE NO TREASURE to be found on this show! Would anyone like to make a bet with me?....because I need the money!

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry, the image that you posted from the credits? You seem to have some insight into what they were filming and perhaps found.

Oh that is just a still from the credits in the first episode. It's the very last shot.

Not hard to figure out that's what they're getting at.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona

Of course there was a intense moment here at my house. When I saw those black hands. I thought for sure I was about to lose a cache. Hehe

Smart man

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Damm, naysayers let me have my dream that there's stacks of gold in them there HILLS!

Wrmickel1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread