new show on the dutchman

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I was not sure what became of him and was a little concerned. There are rules and I get that however, I for one like Ryan's videos and appreciate his effort. With that said, couldn't you offer him one last chance to return as long as he respects the rules? If he says no, then nothing lost.

For someone like myself who lives beyond the Mississippi, Ryan's videos help keep the dream going. Hopefully, he will outgrow the silly debunking thing and start chasing real history.

Anyway, I hope that you will reconsider.

Hey gollum,
Mikey is Ryan's adopted name.
I was searching for him.
: ( and now he is kaput.

Hal I was raised right on the old Mississippi.

Must have been neighbors. I was on the west side you must have been east.

I liked his films too. But I think he was moving a little to far towards the Fact Check thing and not far enough into exploring the Legends like a real after the show, show.

It was his decision to go I'm sure the mod gave him every chance conceivable to redeem himself.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I was not sure what became of him and was a little concerned. There are rules and I get that however, I for one like Ryan's videos and appreciate his effort. With that said, couldn't you offer him one last chance to return as long as he respects the rules? If he says no, then nothing lost.

For someone like myself who lives beyond the Mississippi, Ryan's videos help keep the dream going. Hopefully, he will outgrow the silly debunking thing and start chasing real history.

Anyway, I hope that you will reconsider.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hal I was raised right on the old Mississippi.

Must have been neighbors. I was on the west side you must have been east.

I liked his films too. But I think he was moving a little to far towards the Fact Check thing and not far enough into exploring the Legends like a real after the show, show.

It was his decision to go I'm sure the mod gave him every chance conceivable to redeem himself.

Never hurts to ask. Anyway, I enjoy the fact checking thing. There is just so much fluff and it's difficult to sometimes tell what's real and what's not.

I'll bet you didn't know that Tuttle's acting career actually began on January 13th, 1973, episode 15, season one of M.A.S.H.

About the show.
My favorite moment is when Frank and Wayne are fighting over Frank's solution to the map. Something like "Frank it's time to move on" and "Wayne, it's no wonder why you haven't found shite in XX years"

For me, I think it was perhaps the most honest moment in the series.

Makes me wonder what Wayne actually did to receive that major award.... It's a major award... FRAGI LE!

PS. I was honestly impressed by Wayne.

Last edited:

copperpot

Mar 17, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About the show.
My favorite moment is when Frank and Wayne are fighting over Frank's solution to the map. Something like "Frank it's time to move on" and "Wayne, it's no wonder why you haven't found shite in XX years"

Makes me wonder what Wayne actually did to receive that major award.... It's a major award... FRAGI LE!

I don't know if that part was "honest", but it was funny.

FRAGI LE - It must be Italian.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
I don't know if that part was "honest", but it was funny.

FRAGI LE - It must be Italian.
Actually, once I mastered how to use the tv remote, and could rewind, it became clear that Wayne was a little uncomfortable with the hype.

I think the moment was an honest one.

copperpot

Mar 17, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, once I mastered how to use the tv remote, and could rewind, it became clear that Wayne was a little uncomfortable with the hype.

I think the moment was an honest one.

Could be. A lot things I am not sure what is fake or real on that show.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank and Wayne don't actually argue like that.

No arguing the fact that Frank has actually found gold in the Supers. Also, no arguing the fact that Wayne has about as much experience as almost anybody out there is hunting the LDM. Now, do I agree with Frank's interpretation of the Peralta Tesoro Mappa? Nope. When I first saw it on the show (he had sent it to me a while before then though), and heard them describe it, they had what some of the symbols meant all wrong. The end of the trail on the "Peralta Tesora Mappa" shows a vertical shaft mine just below a ridgeline above a horizontal tunnel entrance. Just like the description given about Waltz' Mine.

TesoroMappaEnd.jpg

Mike

copperpot

Mar 17, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No arguing the fact that Frank has actually found gold in the Supers. Also, no arguing the fact that Wayne has about as much experience as almost anybody out there is hunting the LDM. Now, do I agree with Frank's interpretation of the Peralta Tesoro Mappa? Nope. When I first saw it on the show (he had sent it to me a while before then though), and heard them describe it, they had what some of the symbols meant all wrong. The end of the trail on the "Peralta Tesora Mappa" shows a vertical shaft mine just below a ridgeline above a horizontal tunnel entrance. Just like the description given about Waltz' Mine.

View attachment 1139177

Mike

Hey Mike, got a couple of questions for you.

1. To clarify, do you think or feel that the LDM has been already found?
2. What equipment/supplies do you take when exploring for the lost P/G mines or stash caves?

much thanks!

copperpot

Mar 17, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1139177

Mike

Oh, one more. In regards to Frank finding gold. Any idea how much he found? Also, can someone make a living from gold in the Supers?

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh, one more. In regards to Frank finding gold. Any idea how much he found? Also, can someone make a living from gold in the Supers?

I think someone could supplement there Retirement and Royalties from a weekly show with gold found in the Supers, HaHa!

Wrmickel1

johnmark29020

Oct 8, 2012
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can make plenty guiding new comers around,and telling them stories. Atv rentals are 400 per day. I can imagine what tour guides cost.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010

View attachment 1139177

Mike

Mike,
Print this post and keep it for a while.

Tread Lightly!

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq & Vaquero

Leupold BX-3 Mojave & RX1200i Rangefinder
Primary Interest:
Other
Treasure Hunter,
Please help!
I know that Ryan's thread was locked. I was hoping that it was a temporary thing. But now it's just gone! Could you explain what is happening?

There were some good posts on that thread and not just Ryan's!
Anything you can tell us would be appreciate.
Thanks!
Hal

All is well

There is no greatness where there is no simplicity, goodness and truth.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike,
Print this post and keep it for a while.

Tread Lightly!

HAHAHA Hal, That is some of that information we keep telling CN that has been hashed and rehashed over many years on a few forums. The basic stuff about Waltz, what the mine looked like, etc etc etc are all things deeply ingrained in my head.

If I ever happen to be in the right place at the right time, and my leg drops through into the shaft, I firmly believe that with one look around, I would know if it was the LDM or not.

Mike

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never hurts to ask. Anyway, I enjoy the fact checking thing. There is just so much fluff and it's difficult to sometimes tell what's real and what's not.

I'll bet you didn't know that Tuttle's acting career actually began on January 13th, 1973, episode 15, season one of M.A.S.H.

About the show.

PS. I was honestly impressed by Wayne.

If you ask him politely he may give you an autographed copy of himself, Frank and Ryan checking each others pockets for facts.

He can hold up the award for best acting in a Fiction Dutchman Film.

You know the Dutchman Oscar?

A small Golden cigarette lighter.

Just a thought.

Yours is better though, it's from Italy.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
If you ask him politely he may give you an autographed copy of himself, Frank and Ryan checking each others pockets for facts.

He can hold up the award for best acting in a Fiction Dutchman Film.

You know the Dutchman Oscar?

A small Golden cigarette lighter.

Just a thought.

Yours is better though, it's from Italy.

I don't ever want to see those three guys fumbling around in each other's pockets and if my Oscar lighter is from Italy, it will probably only work for a short time before I have to return it.

Thanks for the visual.

"Daddy always said that I was the best kisser in the whole 8th grade".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread