New site shows promise

kleinerschmitter

Aug 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II, Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Went hunting at a new spot, didn't find anything that I felt deserved waiting until I got home to post so I could take a picture of. This area has a semi-old church on it, early 1920s type stuff. I was there for a couple hours and found 2 Wheaties(26D and 53D), some clad (1 Quarter, 2 dimes, 2 nickels, and 6 pennies), and some junk. I know there's got to be at least a couple of silver coins out there waiting to be found, so I'm going to head back out and hopefully I'll have something better to post, although just digging the Wheaties was a blast for me as I am still fairly new to this great hobby and the 1926D is my oldest coin to date.

Upvote 0

djm of PA

Jun 11, 2010
Carsonville, PA
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac and White's Classic 4
Nice job on the wheats, i'll take a quote from my uncle and pass it along to you. "where there are wheats, there are silver coins". He has been right every time thus far!

Best of luck, looking forward to some pics!

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, what djm said! I'm a TX newbie myself and love to see the pics of others. Like you, I still get excited about a wheat penny.....I'll probably crater if/when I uncover something gold!
(I have found two very nice silver rings, still trying to find the owner of one)

sqwaby

Apr 13, 2008
Stick with that place. Go back over the area you found the wheaties at 90 degees to your first passes, you'll be suprised how many targets will hit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread