New site?...with different clue versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Tumlinson carved the stones, I have no doubt, but I do think that they are worthy of study, there is more to them than a hoax

Alan

No evidence Travis did carve them, So how would you base The no doubt, But still believe there is worth to them.

Wrmickel1

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Alan

No evidence Travis did carve them, So how would you base The no doubt, But still believe there is worth to them.

Wrmickel1
My own research suggest to me that there is substance to the stones

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another shot.....different view point....showing the bracketed cross behind the big rock....

Attachments

• 100_1591 details.jpg
    100_1591 details.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 92

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Awe, Symbols from your old book, Perhaps make your decisions to add worth to the Stones.

wrmickel1

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have any clear close up photos of those carvings?

Nothing that shows chisel marks or sharp edges. If it was how it was done, that's all long since weathered away.
In fact, rub the surface with another rock and it crumbles or abrades very easily. Up close, very little can be made out at all.
But from the places where more of the map area is within your field of view, it's easy to see the details.
And that's when what's on the stones, and where it is on the stones, begins to make a lot of sense.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
travis definitely carved the stone maps that you see today..no doubt ...why he carved them who knows..but he did make them

You or no one else has ever provided evidence to support that. So if you gots some bring it to the table Sir.

babymick1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
The book has nothing to do with the stones, it was Masonic research I was doing.

Alan, The Masons were confined to the East coast and politics and as the country grew from 13 colonies the traveled along. Can’t see any connection with them and the Southwest till the US claimed more land and politics got involved.

Wrmickel1

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Alan, The Masons were confined to the East coast and politics and as the country grew from 13 colonies the traveled along. Can’t see any connection with them and the Southwest till the US claimed more land and politics got involved.

Wrmickel1
I did not say there was any connection, the book is a totally separate issue. I mentioned it only to show my commitment to research.
there is no connection that I can see between any treasure in the Superstitions, the stone tablets and the Freemasons.
my Masonic research was only historical concerning how old the fraternity may be.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
travis definitely carved the stone maps that you see today..no doubt ...why he carved them who knows..but he did make them

You should have at least some doubts Dave IMO.
Since most, if not all of the more recent evidence indicates that Travis carved 4 or possibly 5 small stones with various symbols on them, not the HP, trail, or heart stones. And that he used another map inherited from his Grandfather "Pegleg" to determine what he wanted to include on them.
As described by the family, on video and in correspondence with other researchers, these were all done on a grey/white stone that Travis obtained while in Texas.
They have maintained from the very beginning that Travis' stone maps were much smaller and not the same as the stones we have been debating all along.
And they also claimed to have seen him carving them, while visiting his mother in Truro, Tx.
There was too much in the accounts from each side, Mitchell's and the Tumlinson Family's, that didn't add up for me. So I took advantage of the almost daily telephone calls I was receiving from RG that lasted as long as five hours, and included several conversations with family members, to ask quite a few questions of my own. Some were older questions I'd never found answers for, and some were based on the people and events being brought forward and discussed at the time. Many of the answers, along with some of the stuff he forwarded to me during that period, led me to a much better understanding of what I now believe to be the true story....

But it's gotten late, so I will have to carry on later. Probably in several short posts.

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
You should have at least some doubts Dave IMO.
Since most, if not all of the more recent evidence indicates that Travis carved 4 or possibly 5 small stones with various symbols on them, not the HP, trail, or heart stones. And that he used another map inherited from his Grandfather "Pegleg" to determine what he wanted to include on them.
As described by the family, on video and in correspondence with other researchers, these were all done on a grey/white stone that Travis obtained while in Texas.
They have maintained from the very beginning that Travis' stone maps were much smaller and not the same as the stones we have been debating all along.
And they also claimed to have seen him carving them, while visiting his mother in Truro, Tx.
There was too much in the accounts from each side, Mitchell's and the Tumlinson Family's, that didn't add up for me. So I took advantage of the almost daily telephone calls I was receiving from RG that lasted as long as five hours, and included several conversations with family members, to ask quite a few questions of my own. Some were older questions I'd never found answers for, and some were based on the people and events being brought forward and discussed at the time. Many of the answers, along with some of the stuff he forwarded to me during that period, led me to a much better understanding of what I now believe to be the true story....

But it's gotten late, so I will have to carry on later. Probably in several short posts.
there again wayne,,don't believe everything you hear

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there again wayne,,don't believe everything you hear

You can be sure I do not believe everything I hear Dave. Regardless of who it comes from.
That is why I so often ask for some kind of physical evidence, or at least a photo before I'm willing to consider what is said as being believable to me. In this hobby, which is all it is for me, none of us can't conclude anything without that as a minimum.
For example, during an early conversation via telephone, I asked if the family still had these smaller stones in their possession. The answer was no, but I did receive a tracing of one by e-mail later. Seems that is all they had found in the way of physical evidence for the smaller stones up till then. But to me, it was better than nothing, which is far better than "I can't show you" or "tell you who".

arcana-exploration

May 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can be sure I do not believe everything I hear Dave. Regardless of who it comes from.
That is why I so often ask for some kind of physical evidence, or at least a photo before I'm willing to consider what is said as being believable to me. In this hobby, which is all it is for me, none of us can't conclude anything without that as a minimum.
For example, during an early conversation via telephone, I asked if the family still had these smaller stones in their possession. The answer was no, but I did receive a tracing of one by e-mail later. Seems that is all they had found in the way of physical evidence for the smaller stones up till then. But to me, it was better than nothing, which is far better than "I can't show you" or "tell you who".

Wayne, Two things, so how close is the information on the stones in the Dutchman Museum, to the Grey ones Travis did. And two the other stones seem to fit into the museum stones. I always thought he did whatever he did from an old map, so that makes sense. So here is the 24k Q- The heart stone (insert) is a site map, so what is your scenario there, because info on it is functional. Also if the stone copies in the museum are mostly representative of what Travis carved or, then the person who did the second set either saw the old map or the stones. Since there was at least one traced copy, which why would there be, maybe Travis made more than one Tracing and sold one more traced copies and later made the stones. Also, I think now that I am thinking this threw, Travis sold the little gray ones, his family, new about, later off the tracings he made the larger stones, his family did not know about, he then buried them in the desert to weather dig up later and sell a second larger set meaning both scenarios would make sense. Wayne, what is your take?

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
do you remember which family member you talked to on the phone?

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Somehiker

I’m with you on this Travis never made them Maps, And Dave And RG can’t produce one shred of evidence to prove it.
Now I could lay out the the whole Trail all the maps in full color pic’s with every symbol from them the Horse and the Priest included, Except That last Mine I can’t find. It’s like it’s been erased.

Now I know you don’t believe what I just wrote but that an’t the point. It’s my Ninth year now on this due to being lead off in other directions by many marks made by others that followed. I say Native America’s first were there, left there marks, I have Indian friends here and they can translate the meanings of those marks left there by Native America’s none
Translate to Treasure.

Jesuits were the next ones to leave there marks, Then the Mexicans came to gather there Wealth left marks on Stones Cactus hand maps spires ect. Then the early miners of America and don’t forget Treasure hunters.

Thats the reason for all the confusion, Marks made over and over time by different groups.

Best of luck to you Sir

Wrmickel1

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Somehiker

I’m with you on this Travis never made them Maps, And Dave And RG can’t produce one shred of evidence to prove it.
Now I could lay out the the whole Trail all the maps in full color pic’s with every symbol from them the Horse and the Priest included, Except That last Mine I can’t find. It’s like it’s been erased.

Now I know you don’t believe what I just wrote but that an’t the point. It’s my Ninth year now on this due to being lead off in other directions by many marks made by others that followed. I say Native America’s first were there, left there marks, I have Indian friends here and they can translate the meanings of those marks left there by Native America’s none
Translate to Treasure.

Jesuits were the next ones to leave there marks, Then the Mexicans came to gather there Wealth left marks on Stones Cactus hand maps spires ect. Then the early miners of America and don’t forget Treasure hunters.

Thats the reason for all the confusion, Marks made over and over time by different groups.

Best of luck to you Sir

Wrmickel1
I hope you are including the fake treasure signs made by Clarence Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread