New sluice

Gene Slater

Nov 12, 2012
Got this for christmas from the wife. Ran some old concentrate from east Tennessee into a plastic tub in the sink. Worked ok, however, Im going to refine the process. Next trip out east, i hope to load up on some concentrate to run.

image-4115578469.jpg

image-3931314995.jpg

image-3841656747.jpg

Upvote 0

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking outfit Gene, but you might be pushing the envelope processing in the kitchen sink.

I've never heard the expression "a trip out east". Good luck and welcome.

Mike

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of lil sluice is that? I think it's pretty cool looking setup. Congrats

OP
OP
Gene Slater

Gene Slater

Nov 12, 2012
6 inch mini sluice and out east is the east tn area. ,need some paydirt for the nephews to have fun with.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got to love running paydirt in the kitchen, the frig nearby, the crapper nearby, TV sounding off nearby, what more can you ask for during the holidays but a pan full of gold and not stepping outdoors... Got To Love It... :hello2:

OP
OP
Gene Slater

Gene Slater

Nov 12, 2012
image-1030884719.jpg

image-2399398353.jpg

I put this thing on a 14 degree slope. This is some of the 5 gallons of paydirt I have collected from out east. Pretty nice to have access to beer and indoor plumbing when you are running stuff. I used 2 fine sink strainers to keep floatables out of pump basin.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 918378

View attachment 918379

I put this thing on a 14 degree slope. This is some of the 5 gallons of paydirt I have collected from out east. Pretty nice to have access to beer and indoor plumbing when you are running stuff. I used 2 fine sink strainers to keep floatables out of pump basin.

Make sure its level side to side at the top end as well as the bottom end. (Material looks to be gathering on one side in the one photo)
Other than that it looks great! A little Jet Dri would help too when recirculating.

GG~

Last edited:

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like fun. What size pump are you running? Does it keep up okay?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread