New stupid rule at the Syskiyou County Recorders Office

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I called their office to find out how much I need to pay for my Notice of intent to hold my claims. She informed me that they no longer give that info over the phone and that I am required to send a blank check to them, and they will fill out the proper amount. LOL, no way. I don't know who came up with this stupid idea but it will fail. What I will do is send the same amount I sent last year and if it is not correct they will send it back and explain why which if the they told me on the phone what was due this step was not necessary.

Upvote 5

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I called their office to find out how much I need to pay for my Notice of intent to hold my claims. She informed me that they no longer give that info over the phone and that I am required to send a blank check to them, and they will fill out the proper amount. LOL, no way. I don't know who came up with this stupid idea but it will fail. What I will do is send the same amount I sent last year and if it is not correct they will send it back and explain why which if the they told me on the phone what was due this step was not necessary.
There was a time when the payment was in at least silver not some bank notes. The "Fee book" made sure of this or the entry was not made.
There are some that have seen the "Fee book" when they made the payment however most are likely dead now.

Something to check into.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dear Clay, thank you for what you contributed to this site and us miners, I wish there was a site for us real miners that own claims and have to deal with all the stupidly we have to deal with. It is so funny that when I first joined the T.N. you and I argued about filling a N.I.H with the county recorders office , I said No and you said Yes, so fun but today it is not funny, miss the old days. Message to the newbees, get down on the rivers and learn to mine and if you meet me ,I will share what I know but you must make that effort. It is a smart rule for us real miners.
I realize what you are talking about et1955 even if you don't agree with someone you can still see the value in a contribution of information either at the moment or latter on. This is always priceless. This makes it easier to share just like many in the past did.

Some of the issues mention here today also happened in the past as documented in the books that cover cases at the Supreme Court level. You will likely not see much reference to them on the internet as many are not cross referenced. Some people will not see them because of this.

OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will not loose my claims. So I decided to mail in the limited blank check to the Siskiyou county recorders office, lets see what happens. I Wiil keep you updated, last years fee were $95.00

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will not loose my claims. So I decided to mail in the limited blank check to the Siskiyou county recorders office, lets see what happens. I Wiil keep you updated, last years fee were $95.00
"The State of Oregon" has only one definition of the word "Check".
"The State of Washington" has comparative Legislation that I can provide if you like.
This still may not help as the county recorders office appears to be making some kind of calculation depending on how many checks are received in a given time frame. The county manager may make the final decision depending on the over all in a given time frame.
Thanks for the update.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you file a new claim, the next year for renewal you need to file the intent to hold and that's it. For the years after that you just need to file your anual assessment and the small miners waver at the county recorders. Is this a new claim?

I'm truly sorry about Clay... I have all of the bots blocked on this page. You just need to hit ignore member to clean them out and not see their posts.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI, Clay is on timeout, not banned.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When you file a new claim, the next year for renewal you need to file the intent to hold and that's it. For the years after that you just need to file your anual assessment and the small miners waver at the county recorders. Is this a new claim?

I'm truly sorry about Clay... I have all of the bots blocked on this page. You just need to hit ignore member to clean them out and not see their posts.
Anyone can use the block feature as Clay first pointed out.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not my rodeo but I just don't get it someone that actually helping.
It is simple, one of the reasons was I asked him to follow our rules several times and refused.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not my rodeo but I just don't get it someone that actually helping.
Everyone was asked to follow the rules and it appears that Clay decided not to follow the rules.

Remember Assembler was also on time out for posting a link to the President in his own words talking - Boom gone for 2 weeks.
Assembler got over it and Clay will also get over it and come back if he chooses to do so.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have had our rules for over 25 years and they apply to all.

Our rules and moderation are also not open for discussion in our open forums.

Last edited:

orange_sweetheart

Sep 5, 2014
Denton, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A BLANK check?!?!?! Are they insane????

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Any feed back?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread