New stupid rule at the Syskiyou County Recorders Office

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I called their office to find out how much I need to pay for my Notice of intent to hold my claims. She informed me that they no longer give that info over the phone and that I am required to send a blank check to them, and they will fill out the proper amount. LOL, no way. I don't know who came up with this stupid idea but it will fail. What I will do is send the same amount I sent last year and if it is not correct they will send it back and explain why which if the they told me on the phone what was due this step was not necessary.

Upvote 5

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I called their office to find out how much I need to pay for my Notice of intent to hold my claims. She informed me that they no longer give that info over the phone and that I am required to send a blank check to them, and they will fill out the proper amount. LOL, no way. I don't know who came up with this stupid idea but it will fail. What I will do is send the same amount I sent last year and if it is not correct they will send it back and explain why which if the they told me on the phone what was due this step was not necessary.
My response may not help much however it appears this is a way of inviting any new fees some at the office thinks one may get qualified for instead of what has been documented in the past.

Last edited:
OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Never pay a fee unless you know what it is. I did question her intensely and she did give me the charges reluctantly but denied them in the end, I could tell she didn't like the new rules.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You have been infected by California nonsense.

I deal with hundreds of County Recorders in many counties and states. California is the only state where I've had this nonsense roadblock put up. Elsewhere County Recorders have published rates and clear recording requirements.

I often order as many as 300 documents at a time from County Recorders and calculate the cost from the published fees list. In some "special" counties in California the Recorder won't give a price and insist instead on a blank check being mailed. These same counties won't do business online but insist you make an order by mail and wait to be contacted when they are copied to paper and mailed. (weeks) Often there is no receipt for payment, just the cancelled check.

I no longer do any work for clients in those counties for those reasons. During COVID these same counties refused to provide a copy of public records for months to avoid "infecting" the records. They also closed down the public records repositories and sent their clerks home. In one large county all 240+ employees were banned from the Recorder's office buildings - except the janitors who kept emptying the empty wastebaskets. That's California "science" for you.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You have been infected by California nonsense.

I deal with hundreds of County Recorders in many counties and states. California is the only state where I've had this nonsense roadblock put up. Elsewhere County Recorders have published rates and clear recording requirements.

I often order as many as 300 documents at a time from County Recorders and calculate the cost from the published fees list. In some "special" counties in California the Recorder won't give a price and insist instead on a blank check being mailed. These same counties won't do business online but insist you make an order by mail and wait to be contacted when they are copied to paper and mailed. (weeks) Often there is no receipt for payment, just the cancelled check.

I no longer do any work for clients in those counties for those reasons. During COVID these same counties refused to provide a copy of public records for months to avoid "infecting" the records. They also closed down the public records repositories and sent their clerks home. In one large county all 240+ employees were banned from the Recorder's office buildings - except the janitors who kept emptying the empty wastebaskets. That's California "science" for you.
Correct.
"The State of Oregon" code spells out some rules about use use of "Mail matter" right with in the code.

Due diligence not science.

Clerk "entry" can also be spelled out with in the code.

More deeper Due diligence.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like once again the anti mining forces are trying to take this thread off track. This is a matter of real property ownership and rights. Curious that's where the the anti mining bots always show up when they aren't having conversations with themselves. Just ignore the anti mining bots if you want to keep your mining claim. It's just spewing random internet nonsense that has nothing to do with recording property documents in California.

For those recording the required work affidavits or intent to hold in California the Deadline for recording at the county is September 30. The deadline for filing a copy of that county recording with the BLM is December 30th.

Heavy Pans

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clay, please stop insulting members by calling them bots, it violates our rules.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Clay, please stop insulting members by calling them bots, it violates our rules.
Thanks for being polite TH. :thumbsup:

I suggest you and the moderators look into the bot issue before they destroy your viewership - as they have done and are doing now with many other forums that may be unpopular with certain individuals or groups in our society. If you want information on how to spot those who use machines to obstruct, confuse and distract internet conversation please feel free to contact me off forum.

It's time to learn new methods for forum protection besides IP tracking. I can spoof any IP I wish and so can anyone else with a computer. I don't do that but others do as part of their programming.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for being polite TH. :thumbsup:

I suggest you and the moderators look into the bot issue before they destroy your viewership - as they have done and are doing now with many other forums that may be unpopular with certain individuals or groups in our society. If you want information on how to spot those who use machines to obstruct, confuse and distract internet conversation please feel free to contact me off forum.

It's time to learn new methods for forum protection besides IP tracking. I can spoof any IP I wish and so can anyone else with a computer. I don't do that but others do as part of their programming.
Clay this is not my first rodeo, I have been mod here since before you join, I have multiple ways I use. I stand by my statement, please post by our rules.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen, please end it and please post by TNet rules.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not the answer I was hoping for but we all make our choices based on our knowledge base. Best of luck to you and Treasurenet. :thumbsup:
Knowledge base can be referred to as Due diligence.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Clay I'm with you 100 percent use the report Bell left bottom corner. But I doubt anyone cares they let this nonsense go on until we all leave.
It's getting close to being abandoned now. It used to be a good active mining forum with miners, prospectors and newbies all learning from one another. Now we get injections of crud when the subject is anything but "look at the pretty nugget". Seems to be an agenda with some posters.

I see the viewers are still there. Not the mining users but viewers looking for drama or dispute. That money from hits is as good as real miner hits. I hope there aren't any viewers trying to learn something here in that group because with this type of nonsense being posted they will remain confused and won't learn anything useful.

I come here to try to educate. It's part of how I was raised. Giving back to the society that nurtured your development. Education is hopeless when the Clay stalker spots some useful information and jumps in with a bunch of nonsense posts that have nothing to do with the subject at hand.

Anyway I imagine that will all end with banning or leaving. Sad. In the meantime there are thousands of claim owners in panic this week trying to submit required forms that don't exist or trying to use the broken MLRS system forced upon them to save their mining properties from closure.. It's sad we can't share those problems amongst ourselves and find some solutions without the bad information interruptions. Treasurenet used to be a good place to do that.

Best of luck to you Southfork

Heavy Pans

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's getting close to being abandoned now. It used to be a good active mining forum with miners, prospectors and newbies all learning from one another. Now we get injections of crud when the subject is anything but "look at the pretty nugget". Seems to be an agenda with some posters.

I see the viewers are still there. Not the mining users but viewers looking for drama or dispute. That money from hits is as good as real miner hits. I hope there aren't any viewers trying to learn something here in that group because with this type of nonsense being posted they will remain confused and won't learn anything useful.

I come here to try to educate. It's part of how I was raised. Giving back to the society that nurtured your development. Education is hopeless when the Clay stalker spots some useful information and jumps in with a bunch of nonsense posts that have nothing to do with the subject at hand.

Anyway I imagine that will all end with banning or leaving. Sad. In the meantime there are thousands of claim owners in panic this week trying to submit required forms that don't exist or trying to use the broken MLRS system forced upon them to save their mining properties from closure.. It's sad we can't share those problems amongst ourselves and find some solutions without the bad information interruptions. Treasurenet used to be a good place to do that.

Heavy Pans
As you pointed out no need to abandon ship here just use the block function if you like for a short time. Then there is no reason you will see the posts you mite not care for and a big one here is there will be no questions to answer. Some refer this as hiding for a cool off period if you need it.

Real Due diligence is what is being called for for the thousands of people out there, not just a hiding time for someone who may want to cool off.
Hard questions can bring this on for a few people others just will start Due diligence instead of some internet answers.

This is a great time to educate others not a good time to abandon ship.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Heavy Pans
Now that the talk of banning and leaving is dying down this is an excellent time window to educate.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All please post by Treasurenet rules, if anyone does not know them there is a link in my signature...

Thank you...

OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dear Clay, thank you for what you contributed to this site and us miners, I wish there was a site for us real miners that own claims and have to deal with all the stupidly we have to deal with. It is so funny that when I first joined the T.N. you and I argued about filling a N.I.H with the county recorders office , I said No and you said Yes, so fun but today it is not funny, miss the old days. Message to the newbees, get down on the rivers and learn to mine and if you meet me ,I will share what I know but you must make that effort. It is a smart rule for us real miners.

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is just unbelievable. Lewis county washington charges $75 per document to photocopy a damn piece of paper and put a sticker on it.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dear Clay, thank you for what you contributed to this site and us miners, I wish there was a site for us real miners that own claims and have to deal with all the stupidly we have to deal with. It is so funny that when I first joined the T.N. you and I argued about filling a N.I.H with the county recorders office , I said No and you said Yes, so fun but today it is not funny, miss the old days. Message to the newbees, get down on the rivers and learn to mine and if you meet me ,I will share what I know but you must make that effort. It is a smart rule for us real miners.
Have you looked at amending the "Claim"?

The document is already recorded so there can't be a new unknown fee up front.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread