New Teknetics G2 owner .... craiglist find!

mdavidthomas

Jan 16, 2013
Matthews, NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 (Grey)
Teknetic G2
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Purchased today. Hopefully everything is in good working order. Pictures of unit show no wear.

Teknetics G2 with stock coi,l ~ 2 years old, Software rev. 1
Extra Lower shaft with 5" Tek coil
Garrett ProPointer

$515.00 including shipping

IMG_0144.JPG

IMG_0146.JPG

IMG_0150.JPG

IMG_0156.JPG

mdavidthomas
Matthews, NC

BH Discovery 3300

SavageHunter

May 29, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Xterra 705, Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the new machine! It looks like it's in nice shape.

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sweet!
It's really nice that it came with the pinpointer too.

OP
OP
mdavidthomas

mdavidthomas

Jan 16, 2013
Matthews, NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 (Grey)
Teknetic G2
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Received the Detector yesterday. Everything arrived as described and in good working order. G2 looks almost new. Dug 4 holes yesterday and found 1974 penny in first hole, never found anything in second hole, zinc penny in third hole and shredded can in forth hole. I didn't have a digger yet and was using a long phillips screwdriver. Lesche tool should arrive today!! Already getting addicted.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been hunting with the G2 for a little over a year. Super simple and as good a trash machine as I have ever seen. One neat little trick I have learned is to check signals with a slow approach after the initial hit. If it grunts like iron then changes to high pitch as you get over the top it is iron. Dig it all at first until you are comfortable but you will soon learn it has a wonderful ability to tell ya what is down there with just the audio. GOOD quality headphones are an absolute must. Lots of subtle audio differences that are really easy to pick up on with the headphones and nearly impossible without. It is hard to describe, but a good deep target sounds like a good deep target. It is a very distinct sound and not just a faint beep. Easy to detune and shrink down the signal while pinpointing as well. Best of luck and feel free to PM me if I can help in any way. Best of luck.:icon_thumleft:

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the G2 acquisition- I almost got one but instead got an Omega 8000 for $400. I really love the machine,which has similarities with the T2 and G2 from what I've learned on here. I mightyet get one at some point. Be sure to post your comments.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread