jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with you I use an T2 and hardly hear anything about it it's all about ATP . I got my T2 back in jan and been happy with it, finding gold silver and deep too maybe keep in touch so we can exchange info on it

mark1427

Apr 16, 2013
Southampton Co. Va.
Detector(s) used
ACE 350, Garret pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one as well, not the LTD or SE plain ol green one. I have had it for 2 months and still learning it.

OP
OP
D

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one as well, not the LTD or SE plain ol green one. I have had it for 2 months and still learning it.
I don't know if the cache locator and boost are the only difference but I don't use either. Have you tried the 5 inch coil? I put it on and probably will not take it off.

Rockfshr

May 22, 2005
Hampton Roads VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got my T2 last week, haven't had a chance to use it much but so far I'm really liking it. Can't wait to get out and do some relic hunting.

OP
OP
D

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone using delta pitch? I've noticed watching videos youtube on recovery speed that they always use 2+ and to me it seems way faster in 2+ or 3 than 4 or delta.

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use 3 tone it works for me and planning ghost town hunt this month and can to use all metal mode to relic hunt I did find old ponds face cream lid around 15 ins deep in old park . And brass tool at 10ins so it great machine. The ghost town is old mining town with hotel and saloon still standing .

mark1427

Apr 16, 2013
Southampton Co. Va.
Detector(s) used
ACE 350, Garret pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard the 5" coil is awesome. But I don't have one. . . . . . . . . . . . yet.

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is the T2 a good option for a coin and jewelry hunter? I don't really hunt relics (which I have heard is what the T2 is meant for) but the f75 looks practically the same for an extra $200...

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lot of articles.

Do a bing.com search for:

F75 vs T2

And

F75 vs F70

OP
OP
D

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the T2 a good option for a coin and jewelry hunter? I don't really hunt relics (which I have heard is what the T2 is meant for) but the f75 looks practically the same for an extra $200...
The t2 works great for coins and jewelry. The difference between the two is t2 has more disc in iron range and no notch or backlight. It also doesn't save settings when turned off but it takes about 20 seconds to set. I didn't see backlight and saving settings being worth the extra money. I wish they made a sunray probe for t2 like they do for f75.

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The t2 works great for coins and jewelry. The difference between the two is t2 has more disc in iron range and no notch or backlight. It also doesn't save settings when turned off but it takes about 20 seconds to set. I didn't see backlight and saving settings being worth the extra money. I wish they made a sunray probe for t2 like they do for f75.

Cool :)

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in TN the T2 is regarded by many as the king of the relic machines (the F75 is held in high regard as well). I am hunting with the G2 and absolutely love it, but am thinking about getting a deeper machine. I believe in most areas the G2 would reach the majority of targets with ease, but along the river bottom fields I have really been getting into some unusually deep stuff. Return trips have had me really scuffing and digging some super faint signals that are often productive. Tons of flat buttons. I have literally dug in excess of 150 flat buttons, thimbles, lots of pewter etc. and NADA on the coins in just 2 sites that are about a mile apart. Can't figure the coin drought out, but anyway I don't see how you could go wrong with the T2. Hate to give the nod on a machine I do not personally own, but a great deal of research certainly has me looking the T2 direction. Just my 2 cents.:icon_thumright:

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, just decided to bite the bullet on the T2. Doing some trading with Edd at Treasure Mountain and hope to have it in hand in the next few days. Just waiting for him to let me know it is in. Edd is coming down for a days hunt so looking forward to that as well.

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, keep the T2 usage and responses going. I am really thinking about getting one. Either that or a Minelab SE Pro from Kelly Co. They are selling one for just a little more than a T2...just can't decide what I should do right yet. Beau Ouimette has some good T2 videos on Youtube...he pulls amazing stuff with the At Pro and the T2...although, he has really good spots to go to it seems(unlike here by a long shot :( Nonetheless, I need something to up the game a bit.

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with ur T2 I'm loving mine everyday I go hunting beginning to learn the T2 pretty good I'm Abel to tell trash from good targets. I found gold ring silver rings and pendants so T2likes jewelry

OP
OP
D

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, keep the T2 usage and responses going. I am really thinking about getting one. Either that or a Minelab SE Pro from Kelly Co. They are selling one for just a little more than a T2...just can't decide what I should do right yet. Beau Ouimette has some good T2 videos on Youtube...he pulls amazing stuff with the At Pro and the T2...although, he has really good spots to go to it seems(unlike here by a long shot :( Nonetheless, I need something to up the game a bit.
I have an older explorer and the t2. They make a great pair, the explorer is great in old yards and parks going deep with great id. But I've started hunting a couple of ghosttowns where the ground is blanketed with square nails and that's where the t2 shines, its also lighter and easier to learn. Explorer compared to t2 is like apple and oranges.

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you dirtscratcher for the honest input. It's eating me alive...the decision that is. Not to mention it is also September and temps are wavering a bit. Pressure is on lol. But I like all what i read on both the T2 and Explorer. I'd rather try out the Etrac, but I don't quite have 1500 to throw at that ... 800-900 is even nearing a mild sense of negation for this hobby, seeing that i don't have grounds that will promise hoards all the time.

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread