new to coin roll hunting

MeRcInAtOr16

Greenie
Jan 2, 2013
Hi I'm new to coin roll hunting, and just ordered my first box of 500 in half dollars from chase, I was wondering if chase is a good bank to start looking for silver halves or should I go to other banks, I called them up ordered it and the teller/banker told me that they get a lot of orders and get a lot of it coming and going, and I just received a call from a teller saying that they have 440 in halves available, should I take the halves or wait for an actual full box to be available, I'm not sure if the 440 in halves was just brought in by a customer or they just got it from a supplier.

Upvote 0

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
yo dawg, welcome to this internet double U double U double U, website. take the ones she has, and order a box too! this happened to me once, but it was much less, got 2 40% out of the deal. you mind splaining your name, cause I don't get it yo.

OP
OP
MeRcInAtOr16

MeRcInAtOr16

Greenie
Jan 2, 2013
Lol I pretty much use this name for everything online related since I opened my first xbox live account 6 years ago, what I'm really asking is what if the 440 in halves is from a customer that just went through them and returned them

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
MeRcInAtOr16 said:
Hi I'm new to coin roll hunting, and just ordered my first box of 500 in half dollars from chase, I was wondering if chase is a good bank to start looking for silver halves or should I go to other banks, I called them up ordered it and the teller/banker told me that they get a lot of orders and get a lot of it coming and going, and I just received a call from a teller saying that they have 440 in halves available, should I take the halves or wait for an actual full box to be available, I'm not sure if the 440 in halves was just brought in by a customer or they just got it from a supplier.

D@wg take all da halves and if u don't get any $ilver bring it back to the same back and demand a refund. If the tellas give you any trouble follow the guide in my sig yo!

hellzpriest

Nov 6, 2012
Seriously is an addicting hobby. Once you find that silver you want more and more... Good luck to ya! HH, hellzpriest.

InCladWeTrust

Nov 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MeRcInAtOr16 said:
Alright I'll just take the risk then, I got nothing better to do anyway

What risk? Banks love clad and will pay face for it

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright I'll just take the risk then, I got nothing better to do anyway
CRH in general is all risks vs reward. If you get CWR's you risk getting someones dumps, if you get the bank to order you sealed boxes you risk getting someones searched rewraps. You risk getting shorted on each roll or an entire roll from a sealed box or being shorted when you dump at coin machins. If you ask the bank to order too many boxes you risk loseing them to order at all, if you dump too heavy at any bank you risk loseing them as a dump bank or getting your account for thair entire chain shut down(this happened to me once, lost 35 bank branches in one shot, lesson learned) etc...etc... It takes a fine balancing act for us (TimZim not included). BUT the rewards, well if you're on this forum then you allready know them. Is it worth it? Hell yes.
HH

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It' all gambling anyway. I got some customer wrapped rolls and have 5 goodies in it. Next time I cutomer wrapped, nothing. Welcome aboard.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
MeRcInAtOr16 said:
Lol I pretty much use this name for everything online related since I opened my first xbox live account 6 years ago, what I'm really asking is what if the 440 in halves is from a customer that just went through them and returned them

I would get them just in case. But if they say they have a lot if people ordering there and those $440 are still there, then most like they're one of those people's dump.

If you see MWR's with the edge folded over then they are a dump. Personally I have removed them from a pickup bank and dumped them in my dump bank as a favor, and to get them out of my supply chain. Big tip - if you pick up from Chase they will most likely be flat rectangular boxes, so then dump them at a bank that has cube boxes. Basically don't dump at a bank that uses the coin supplier so that you're not searching and re-searching the same coins.

OP
OP
MeRcInAtOr16

MeRcInAtOr16

Greenie
Jan 2, 2013
I would get them just in case. But if they say they have a lot if people ordering there and those $440 are still there, then most like they're one of those people's dump.

If you see MWR's with the edge folded over then they are a dump. Personally I have removed them from a pickup bank and dumped them in my dump bank as a favor, and to get them out of my supply chain. Big tip - if you pick up from Chase they will most likely be flat rectangular boxes, so then dump them at a bank that has cube boxes. Basically don't dump at a bank that uses the coin supplier so that you're not searching and re-searching the same coins.

Yea but do banks normally get an odd number of halves like that from the truck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread