New to everything South Dakota

SLY22

Sep 10, 2012
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello all! just ordered my minelab x-terra 505 (after reading it was in my price range and sounded most suitable?). i have never MD before and have not the slightest clue how to read "hits" but that should be half the fun learning! i have a few places in mind that i dont think have ever been walked and a few that should produce some change?
wish me luck! ill post pictures of anything cool i find... after i sift through tons of junk!

OP
OP
S

SLY22

Sep 10, 2012
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i forgot to add the anticipation of receiving my MD is killing me! i should have ordered it and stayed clear of this site until i could go hunting! great finds guys/gals!! hope to share with you all soon

DarioMontesdeOca

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your purchase! I'm still looking forward to getting my first detector.
How long have you been collecting?

OP
OP
S

SLY22

Sep 10, 2012
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have been collecting coins for about 3 years now. been interested in history my entire life!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, a gorgeous wife who allows you to have a hobby and spend money on it. Better learn that machine quick and find her a great diamond. Otherwise you may be (a) sleeping on the couch,(b) listening to how she has nothing to wear because you spend it all on that hobby, (c) listening to her AND her mother gripe about how the kids are doing without because of that "damm" hobby, (d) listening to her, her mom and her friends gripe about how a trip to Hawaii would make everything better or (e) all of the above. You know, you better get her addicted to this hobby too, just to be safe. And have fun...

OP
OP
S

SLY22

Sep 10, 2012
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
austin, hahahahaha thats some good stuff! i think she will love the day i find anything jewelry related. i took up MD to save money!! i have always restored cars... and we all know how much it costs to restore a classic then add a ton of HP under the hood. so she pushed me to find another hobby that was cheaper. so believe it or not MD and all its goodies is leaps and bounds cheaper than my other hobby. thus my wife is happy i do the over my cars. all the while i have a BEAUTIFUL numbers matching 66' chevelle sitting in my garage just taunting me to make big HP
Picture021_zps15064fdd.jpg

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeeeeeaaaaahhh buddy, nice 66 Chevelle So-Dak!! I never imagined that cool and good taste extended that far north. Welcome to Tnet. While you're waitin on your detector, maybe raise the hood and post a few more pics.

OP
OP
S

SLY22

Sep 10, 2012
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeeeeeaaaaahhh buddy, nice 66 Chevelle So-Dak!! I never imagined that cool and good taste extended that far north. Welcome to Tnet. While you're waitin on your detector, maybe raise the hood and post a few more pics.

thanks man! i have a few real bad cell phone shots saved in my photobucket account but ill have to apologize for the horrific quality of them.
download1_zps4c853260.jpg

download_zps72de3a71.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions