New to forum and Tesoro

DingoDon

Greenie
Jun 25, 2010
Just a line to introduce myself and say thanks that you folks are at least part responsible for my first tesro purchase. Have been detecting since the early 80's always using Whites products. Learned from the start to judge targets by sound, only way old analogs worked. Few years back got a XLT and never found as much as when I detected by sound. The XLT was stolen last year and I am not sorry it happened. Being retired(not retarded) on a fixed income I decided to try a Silver UMAX and have been a digging fool for the last 3 weeks. Thanks again for the great forum and the many usefull posts, hopefully I can add my 2 cents worth as time goes by. Don

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Don, welcome to the forum. You don't have to wait to add your two cents, many do it all the time for any reason. It is fun to stay connected to others with the same addiction. The Silver Umax is a fine detector. I have a White's DFX but prefer my Tejon or Sov GT land detecting. During the summer I like the water since there are no mosquitoes, ony Horse flies which take a bigger bite.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Welcome to the forum,Don,and as Sandman has stated the Silver is a great detector.If you do not have the larger coil,it will give you about 2" deeper depth.Enjoy.

Monkeywrangler2

Feb 12, 2010
Welcome and enjoy! I hear the Silvers are good little machines. I've had a Cibola that was great, and now a Deleon that I am just getting used to--but I like it a lot so far.

M

miser

Don, welcome.

My Silver uMax just arrived today. I bought it from 4-H who posts here. Super transaction. I ordered it late Tuesday night and it arrived this afternoon (Friday) via UPS.

Can't wait to try it out.

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum and Tesoro, :thumbsup: Jhar

OP
OP
D

DingoDon

Greenie
Jun 25, 2010
Thank you all for the warm welcome, you have made me feel right at home. To Jharhead old x-marine myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread