Tiger Shark Question

nuggetshooter

May 9, 2004
Sacramento, CA
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i, Minelab GPX 4000, Gold Bug 2, Troy Shadow X2, Fisher M-Scope FX-3, Fisher 1220X PRO, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Everyone,

Has anybody used a Tiger Shark in CA? If so, how did it perform on the black sand laden salt beaches? Or if used in/on fresh water beaches like on the rivers or lakes, how did they do in terms of the highly mineralized sand? I like my CZ-21, but would like a detector that is more sensitive to small gold and is also a bit lighter. Now, if Tesoro will just start making them again soon - end of summer is a bummer, but better than nothing, especially if they will work for me in CA. Thanks.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't used the Tiger Shark in CA, but being a very sensitive detector it does sometimes have difficulty where a lot of black sand is located mixed with saltwater. It does have a salt water mode switch. In the fresh water lakes and rivers it will be very good to small gold jewelry. For small nuggets you may need a dedicated gold detector.

The CZ21 has it's salt water mode always turned on and there is no way to turn it off. True the Tiger is a bit lighter, but why not just carry the controls from around your neck or hip mount them. Fisher sells a chest mount that works well and I use it for my CZ-20. The Tiger can also be used with the same Fisher chest mount.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it is the same mounting. It can tip up because the box floats.

OP
OP
nuggetshooter

nuggetshooter

May 9, 2004
Sacramento, CA
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i, Minelab GPX 4000, Gold Bug 2, Troy Shadow X2, Fisher M-Scope FX-3, Fisher 1220X PRO, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Sandman. I have chest mounted it, and the 10" coil is still heavy for me. I could try a swingy thingy, but I have in the past and not really liked them much. The 8" coil would relieve some of the weight on my wrist. I am not sure yet what I am going to do. Still trying to work out details. I am go to the river tomorrow and give the CZ a try with the swingy thingy and see how I do. Thanks for the info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread