New to highbanker/dredging... Couple questions

Brehmdig

Mar 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here is a video of what I've constructed so far... Video has a homelite 1860 gph pump but I have an electric 2200 gph one coming in the mail soon for Washington state laws. The matting is a gold hog mat so I need lots of flow!

So here are my questions!
1. Where is a link to Oregon regs? I was told anything is fair game year round up to 4" dredge
2. Is it possible to convert a bilge pump into a dredge?
3. Any inputs/ recommendations for the build would be appreciated!

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
1. Google search!
2. NOPE!
3. You sluice box is really small, smaller then my clean up sluice, your not going to be able to process much with that.

For a dredge you need both water flow and pressure.

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1 Jefferson mining district website has truckloads of Oregon info
2Yep look on ebay and from youtube.
3Washington has a collection size limit for the sluice. We sell up there all the time.

HoneyPot

Apr 13, 2013
Cool of you to try something new. Couple of quick pointers. Your sluice is way to small. If you can put a bigger box together your going to be able to run a proper amount of material. Otherwise your time and effort won't be put to good use. Also your sluice is way to steep. Good Luck.

OP
OP
Brehmdig

Brehmdig

Mar 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1 Jefferson mining district website has truckloads of Oregon info
2Yep look on ebay and from youtube.
3Washington has a collection size limit for the sluice. We sell up there all the time.

Thanks for the info! I knew about the wash regs but couldn't find Oregonian, ill check Jefferson out...

Cool of you to try something new. Couple of quick pointers. Your sluice is way to small. If you can put a bigger box together your going to be able to run a proper amount of material. Otherwise your time and effort won't be put to good use. Also your sluice is way to steep. Good Luck.

I'm staying within the 3sq ft law for Washington... And I didn't have my angle adjusted for the test run... Just firing it up seeing if it worked...

Turns out it did work! Here's a pic of what I got in the two hours my battery lasted.

image-1920807790.jpg

panningjack

Apr 16, 2013
Nampa, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3
Good idea using the spreader. I agree with the others. Bigger sluice. Where are the rocks going off the grizzly?
Check out south west Oregon miners association (SWOMA)
They have tons of info on miners rights and regs

OP
OP
Brehmdig

Brehmdig

Mar 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good idea using the spreader. I agree with the others. Bigger sluice. Where are the rocks going off the grizzly?
Check out south west Oregon miners association (SWOMA)
They have tons of info on miners rights and regs

I had the closet rack there in case I needed it, turns out the rubber matting was sturdy enough to hold without the rack there. Thanks for the swoma info!

OP
OP
Brehmdig

Brehmdig

Mar 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Video Link: http://youtu.be/1YscbgMzXIc

Here is a video of what I've constructed so far... Video has a homelite 1860 gph pump but I have an electric 2200 gph one coming in the mail soon for Washington state laws. The matting is a gold hog mat so I need lots of flow!

So here are my questions!
1. Where is a link to Oregon regs? I was told anything is fair game year round up to 4" dredge
2. Is it possible to convert a bilge pump into a dredge?
3. Any inputs/ recommendations for the build would be appreciated!

So I got it out today and here are the results after 4 hours of running...

image-3430809328.jpg

Any idea what I should classify down to? I have a 1/4 in there now but I'm feeling it is a little too small...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread