Department of Fish and Game DENYS PETITIONS fromn environmentalists groups to stop

OP
OP
V

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The California Department of Fish & Wildlife (DFW) on Friday denied the recent Center for Biological Diversity’s Petition which attempted to expand the regulatory definition of “suction dredge” to include our new method of underwater suction mining. This means our new method of underwater suction mining is not covered by California’s moratorium on suction dredging. Amongst other reasons for denying the Petition, DFW pointed out that the Karuks and their anti-mining allies had plenty of opportunity to expand the regulatory definition when they participated in the multi-million dollar administrative process that was formally completed about a year ago.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe suction dredging should be allowed. I would like to try it someday. Not only is our hobby good for the environment, it has a very small carbon foot print. One man and shovel should be allowed to do what the major company's are already doing. Sounds like the tides are turning for us.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They ain't denied STOPHERS 38 PAGES of recomendations though and THATS the real game killer. Ifn' ya'all ain't read the vile piece a trash it's a real eyeopener into that :censored: sic :censored: warped dredger/miner hating mind-John

OP
OP
V

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does this mean we can dredge?

you can not dredge with the sluice box in,on or within 100 feet of the suction nozzle and motor but yes, you can dredge, into a bucket or barrel using a suction nozzle and motor, where motors are allowed LOL

YES it's a win for now ron

taternut

Apr 12, 2013
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Hand sluice, Gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do you still have to get permits and everything or is it basically like going to a creek and sniping now???

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't trust Stopher any farther than I can throw him.... Legally and scientifically they know they are on shaky ground, but that will not deter them.

OP
OP
V

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Taternut everything depends on where you are, you take chances doing ANYTHING on government managed lands , I mean Forestry service managed land and BLM managed land. These are public lands but are regulated by government agency's and there employees are basically making up rules or following over regulated rules LOL

Under certain circumstances you need a permit to high bank but the way i read those rules, if you have a claim you dont need there stinkin permit, and how is running an instream high banker diverting a creek anyhow? but i could be wrong. There is no dredge permit available, i'm not even sure the old regs or the new regs even mean anything, some rivers and creeks are seasonal for dredging some open year round. Whatever you do that has a motor, gas or electric, becareful, find out whats going on in your area with the miners and mining.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread