New to MDin

B

Big Diggin

New to MDin'

I have spent the past month or so reading different post & looking at different pics of finds on this website.

For the last 4-5 years my lovely wife has suggested that I find a hobby to take up some spare time & help me loose weight.

I recently purchased the Ace 250 & I'm waiting for its arrival (should be here Thursday). I hope that all the excitement and energy I'm having now will continue after I actually start MDin'

Upvote 0

Treasuredawg

Mar 19, 2006
Northern Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exployer II, Xterra 30
Re: New to MDin'

Big Diggin, Welcome to the GREATEST SHOW (hobby) on EARTH! Just hope your wife feels the same way. HA. I started in Feb of this year and am totally hooked. My wife laughs at me because I now have a detector in each hand swinging! She won't laugh when I find the big one. Can't wait till you find your first silver or GOLD. Now get Diggin!!!!!

Treasuredawg

D

daniel74868

Welcome! You picked a good first detector. ;D

Tourezrick

Nov 2, 2006
South Side of Chicago (the baddest part of town)
Detector(s) used
White's DFX

Welcome to the board! Weight loss? Maybe, maybe not. It's not like our swing pace is aerobic, but if you take the time to scout new places on foot, then, maybe. In any case, the mental benefits will be there, meet some great folks and the couch will get to live a long and happy life as well! ;)

Tourezrick

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Welcome and GOOD LUCK!

momule55

Nov 9, 2006
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra's The Great One's!!!
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Welcome!! This hobby is addictive and you will wonder why you have not chose it sooner ;D

Karma Guy

Nov 12, 2006
Kirkland, Wa
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT

Digg

Welcome to the most addictive hobby on the planet, whether your first find is a bottle cap (there's lots of them) or a gold necklace you'll have fun finding stuff that's just inches below the surface (or not). You'll be amazed at what people will lose and that you get to find. I might also suggest to read up on some of the "rules" that we all apply to our hunting trips; cover your holes, ask permission, don't crowd people at parks etc.

Good luck and look forward to seeing your finds.

KG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread