mecke28

Greenie
Aug 5, 2007
Kissimmee,Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to metal detecting so to speak as in I went metal detecting with my dad when I was 10 years old and haven't been since, but now I'm 35 years old and I got a Garrett Ace 250 on Saturday and I'm ready to go metal detecting, but could you please tell me all rules and laws and where are good places to metal detect in the following counties Orange,Osceola,Lake and Polk. I live on the border of Osceola and Lake county over by highway 27. Any information would be good help. Also what are the rules and laws on metal detecting at schools in Florida and what are the rules and laws on metal detecting in ghost towns. Thank you.

OP
OP
mecke28

mecke28

Greenie
Aug 5, 2007
Kissimmee,Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the welcome to the great sport. I'm sure we will see each other finds again soon on here.
Good Luck to you too. Thank You, Mike

OP
OP
mecke28

mecke28

Greenie
Aug 5, 2007
Kissimmee,Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody know the laws in Tennessee? Another treasure hunter didn't know the laws there.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I would turn the question around: why would you think there would be rules about detecting at schools or parks there? Are they posted or fenced?

OP
OP
mecke28

mecke28

Greenie
Aug 5, 2007
Kissimmee,Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My motto is better safe then sorry. I'd rather ask this question now, because all it takes is one time going to a school or park where no signs are posted and here comes the police and your possibly fined or worse and lose your metal detector. So I'd rather ask now.

OP
OP
mecke28

mecke28

Greenie
Aug 5, 2007
Kissimmee,Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That not nice guy Dennis at Kellyco telling me scary stories and of what could happen if you metal detect where your not suppose to even if you don't know that you can't metal detect there or nothing posted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions