trappered

Greenie
Mar 27, 2013
nw missouri
Detector(s) used
gti 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
first a big hello to all, i have been detecting since the early 1990's started with a gta 350 it was a great detector for me, sold it and upgraded to the gta 500 for the pin pointing, never found as much with it , still have ,up graded to the gti 1500 its done alright , been thinking about selling the 500 and getting AT pro, or would i be throwing money away ? thanks for any info.

Upvote 0

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the site! I love my gta 500 for the pinpointing. You can dig a very small hole and be sure the target is in it. Someone will love it if you decide to sell!

Happy Hunting!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No comparison between the GTA 500 or GTI 1500 and AT Pro

I owned a GTA 750 - GTA 1000 - GTAx 1000 -GTI 1500 - GTI 2500

and none of them can touch the AT Pro in depth (except the 2500 because it has a True Non motion all metal mode) bit who wants to hunt like that just to get max depth?? You might as well use a PI machine!

As for the rest of them and any other features/capabilities beyond depth VS the AT - NONE of them can even come close in matching the "unmasking" capabilities of the AT in/around trash & iron (they virtually have no ability to do so) PLUS - it's water proof and can be used in all weather/environments

I have owned a LOT of Garrett machines over the yrs (some models 2xs) - beyond the models listed above - I also had a Grand Master Hunter CXIII back in the 90s - freedom ace at one time - an ADS back in the late 70s - a sea hunter about 12/13 yrs ago - etc.

but Garrett hit it out of the park with the AT Pro - it's a lot of machine for very little cost

I've had many other machines too (Minelabs, Whites, Fishers, etc.) many at $1000 to $1300+ and I can say with 100% confidence that the AT is priced below where it should be in terms of features, and capabilities VS what I've gotten for my $$ in other machines (including other Garretts) but from the other manufacturers too and at higher cost

and I'm not biased towards Garrett in any way shape/form as I own several machines from Fishers to Garretts to Tesoros and even a Euro made machine -- each one has its shining points and bad points and each one has a job that it's better suited for but YOU asked

and that's my take on the matter :-)

HH and keep it swinging

LW

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread