New to the "Hobby"

Kut2TheChase

Jun 27, 2007
NJ
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 NATO - Explorer SE
New to the "Hobby"

Hi everyone, I am brand spankin new to this hobby. I live in North New Jersey, Roselle.
I just wanted to say hi and let you all know I have been watching these forums for awhile now and you all give me inspiration.
So I went out and bought an Excalibur 1000, the dealer told me it was a special "NATO" version, charged me list! HA!
It says "Mine Detect" instead of "pinpoint" on the handle.
I went to the beach right away and found a few bucks in CLAD already but the parks here are dry! and the ground is hard.
Anyway, I look foward to posting some nice finds and learning and sharing some techniques from all of you.

Daniel

Upvote 0
Re: New to the "Hobby"

Welcome Daniel! So glad you decided to join us and congrats on your new detector! Looking forward to seeing some of your finds! :D

Welcome to the hobby! :)

You have a great detector and using it is no problem. No need to put it in pinpoint mode either. Just pull the coil back toward you when you get a tone an slowly slide it forward. When you first hear the tone the target is just at the tip of the coil.

Good Luck,
Sandman

Welcome to the forum--and good luck on your hunting! BUT BEWARE....IT'S VERY ADDICTIVE! melnatcat ;D

Welcome to T-Net. Remember our motto....The People Demand Pictures!

Please dont find a mine LOL.....We want to see you around alive and well.

The parks are probably "dry" around here because I already hit them all! ;D
I live in Roselle Park and am a member of the historical society here, I've been detecting in the area for about a year now. I hit the local parks and alot of the school playgrounds in the area. Nice to have you on the board and can't wait to see what you're finding (and what I'm missing...haha!)

Welcome to TreasureNet. Looking forward to seeing your finds.
Dman

Welcome to the TNet family..

Looking forward to viewing your future posts..

HH from M2

Attachments

• 2009_animado.gif
    2009_animado.gif
    23.4 KB · Views: 326
  • 2009_animado.gif
    2009_animado.gif
    23.4 KB · Views: 324

Welcome from Texas Daniel. I hope you don't find any mines, only treasure...
Looking forward to your diggins'....

Keep safe...

Welcome Daniel ;D

Timberwolf

Wow, thanks to all of you.
MetalFury; I just got back fomr the city hall in Union on some business and happened to ask about metal detecting in the parks. The lady said there is no ordinance against it, in case you didnt already know =)

So where is a good place to hunt around here, maybe somewhere you haven't already cleaned out hehe...?

Welcome to Tnet Daniel... Get busy and post some stuff... ;)

HH Robert

Welcome from the UK.

Let us know how many mines you get?

Welcome from West Michigan Daniel. Sounds like you have a lot of competition there, you may have to visit nearby towns to find anything...that's what I've been doing. Have fun and post some good stuff.

Welcome to Tnet, hope you do well! HH

Welcome to TN .....from Upstate New York. I'm lost here in the Adirondack Mountains, but all is fine........I have my detector with me :D :D :D
Psgen

Hi Daniel!

I have detecting for about 2 yrs. and once you start it is hard to stop. ;D I have also been looking at the forum for a while before I decided to join and everyone also gave me a warm welcome.

So... WELCOME... from one newbie to another! :D

Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back