New to Treasure Net(newbie101)

N

Newbie101

My wife recently purchased a Bounty Hunter IV detector for me for my birthday.I'm new to this hobby of metal detecting.Still learning how to operate the detector.My interests primarily are coin-shooting, jewelry hunting.So far I have managed to find lots of nails,bottle caps,and just yesterday found my first two coins-pennies(1981,1998) in my yard.Any ideas, suggestions on settings on my machine for finding coins, jewelry would be helpful.I've gone through the manual and tried the suggested settings several times.Having a lot of fun so far.Thoroughly enjoy reading all the posts of the different finds.I'm a native of the Seattle area.Yeah, I know lots of rain.My mding got cut short yesterday because of the weather.I'm a avid coin collector(foreign or us).

Upvote 0

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
Newbie101 said:
trk5capt-I've been detecting for about a week now.I have dug virtually all signals so far.I've come across many nails,bottle caps.Just found my first coins(2 pennies-no wheaties) yesterday in my yard.I've chosen my yard for practice so far.I'm getting close to finding other sites(schools,parks,etc.) .I know it takes a lot of practice.What kind of machine do you happen to use?.Just curious.
I Use A Whites DFX. trk5capt...

OP
OP
N

Newbie101

Thanks for the welcome Burdie.trk5capt-I hear the DFX is a pretty good machine.Good luck hunting Burdie, trk5capt.

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Used to be a gentleman by the name of ONION or ONIONHEAD on here that used the Tracker IV and knew it like the back of his hand. This guy was the master of the Tracker IV... anyone know if he still posts?? I haven't been around on this board too much lately...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread