New to Treasurenet, but some cool silver finds.

ashleyj

Feb 15, 2015
New Brunswick
Primary Interest:
Other
I got a Troy ounce of .999 silver Cal Ripken Jr coin, and 925 19 gram Brian earrings for 2.98 at the local thrift stores. I sell silver and gold on Kijiji, so I bought a box of jewelry boxes, the ones that hold rings and necklaces, and found the .999 silver coin in one, I guess they forgot to check the boxes before selling them. Paid 1.99 for the bag of boxes, got some nice ring boxes and a vintage box as well, and the silver coin. Also paid 99 cents for the 19 gram 925 silver Brian earrings.
IMG_0500[1].JPG IMG_0501[1].JPG IMG_0502[1].JPG

I have been doing this for about 2 years or so, on and off, just going garage saling, thrift store shopping, and also checking out the curbside shopping during our Spring and Fall clean ups (people put out old stuff they don't want for other people to have for free). I have been reading Treasurenet for a year but never joined, figured I would join now.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you make the transition from lurker to active participant. Good find on the freebie Cal Ripken. They may have hurriedly shook each box as they put them in the bag and didn't feel the coin move because it was set tightly into the recessed holder.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to treasure net! Nice finds on the silver. Cal Ripken Junior was my favorite baseball player to watch growing up. Every time the Orioles play Cleveland I would go to the game even though being an Indians fan I rooted for him just love watching him play! And then he broke the record on my birthday!! come on!! how can he not like that! I always wanted an autographed baseball of his and then when I learned about eBay I saw that they were like $200 hundred and $50 round there! Ended up going to a yard sale in buying one certified for a dollar I was very very happy! But welcome and I'm sure he will learn tons of stuff as we all have and slowly if you're not already.... become a hoarder ! Nice finds!

OP
OP
A

ashleyj

Feb 15, 2015
New Brunswick
Primary Interest:
Other
Sold the Ripken for $35, thanks for the warm welcome :) I am excited to be an active participant in T-net!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread