Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a park I have been hesitant to go to before, but I went early.
I was alone for a while then a guy showed up and kept walking around the tot lot, I ignored him even though I kept him on my radar. I worked my way to the swings, the only place with wood chips. Boy I had forgotten how easy the digging is! I dug ALL signals. Got a few surprises but nothing special. The day was really great weather wise. I spotted three baby squirrels in a tree adventuring out.
My "shadow" got bored and left.

I also hit the area around the skate park but it had a lot of metal "parts" from the skate boards and etc. and the ground was really dry not as much fun to dig in as the wood chips. Total of 3 hours detecting. There are 3 sports fields here too I will be checking out. image.jpg . Anyone know what the Smith & Wesson key is for?
First pic is tot lot finds. Second pic is skate park finds.
image.jpg

Wish I had taken pics of the squirrels but I don't carry my I-pad when I'm detecting.

Upvote 14
OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahab- after this past winter, any day not involving s-n-o-w, is a great day! Thanks!

Rick- I have two digging tools that can double in a pinch. One is truly a cut above!
image.jpg
FRANKN told me about it, excellent tool.

Dave- thanks! I am hoping to find more gold, I know it's out there, just have to find it.

Last edited:

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That one looks good, keep it sharp. I am the type who never worries, but it is good to be ready (wink)

On a better note, dry land gold is hard to come by, but it does happen, I fully expect yours is coming soon, I'll bet a 5er you get one this year.

Just looked at your total posts, that's a lot, I for one got to say I like members who participate (sp) and you are def. one.
As can think of a few who only come by when they make a good find....Hope they never make banner, as one of the criteria is "hit, and run" members.
Good Luck Out There.

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep that is a hand cuff key. Use it everyday a work.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
You got a lot of digging in for 3 hours WoW! Good hunting ..

Massieville Mike

Mar 7, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Garrett AT Gold, Teknetics ETP, Fisher CZ6a, Teknetics T2se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a nice stack of coin there, and cool mix of assorted items. Really like the key, been collecting keys since I started detecting, don't have one like that though. People sure seem to lose a lot of keys it seems. Anyhoo, congrats and good luck to you when you go back!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds! Congrats on the treasure. GL&HH.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice haul, good to get out and have a place to yourself, nice saves!

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rick- Thanks! First cut made with it was my own finger! It needs sharpening now.
The more relaxed I am it seems the better the finds.
I like the T Net members they are a really awesome group of people. If I waited only for great finds I'd forget how
To post! Lol!

WV hill jack- finding the cuffs would be awesome, but I have a feeling "someone" is sporting a shinny set of bracelets!

OBN- wood chips where the digging is easy! I dug all but the deep signals, wouldn't want to have my head in a hole if things went south around me!

MMike- My favorites are keys, tools, and jewelry, and odd stuff that turns up! Lol!

Thank Tom! Things are looking up!

CJ455- I want to go back for the deep signals, but with out the lurker. I don't want to have my head in a hole if things suddenly go south around me.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you or taking the time to share your hunt and those pictures with us

Top Member Reactions