Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
How did you decide on a Deus?

I have heard that a lot of the Charlotte area hunters have switched to the XP machine, is there a reason for this?

This is a fun for me!

Let me know when it gets here.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! I bet you're hiding in the bushes waiting to attack The Fed Ex guy...lol..ddf

OP
OP
SuperShaun

SuperShaun

May 20, 2016
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Delta 4000, Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did you decide on a Deus?

I have heard that a lot of the Charlotte area hunters have switched to the XP machine, is there a reason for this?

This is a fun for me!

Let me know when it gets here.
A good buddy of mine kept teasing me with his hehe, and when it comes to technology the geek in me has to have it. I love how lite it is, how much freedom you have with it, and how much you can customize it.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With the group you hunt with (the silver slayers) you only had 3 choices, E-Trac, CTX 3030, or XP Deus. You made a great choice even though you could have picked any of the three. I agree about the weight, what coil are you getting?

OP
OP
SuperShaun

SuperShaun

May 20, 2016
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I choose the 11" and with my bad wrist the at pro was getting to me.

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You won't regret it!

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lightweight and wireless alone make it worth it in my opinion and the amount of customization is just a bonus. Happy hunting

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good choice! you will be pleased if you do your homework. I started with the 11 but bought a used 9 and thats my go to coil 99% of the time.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Supershaun, while I absolutely LUV my ATP...I do feel I'm losing some depth, I feel that's about my only disadvantage right now. Not trying to ruffle any feathers to ATP owners, it's absolutely, hands down, the best machine in that price range..I would like to hear what you see in comparison once you get your new machine dialed in. I am in the market for an upgrade, but keeping the ATP for backup and for friends/family to use. Looking forward to seeing how you like your new silver sniffer...thx ddf.

OP
OP
SuperShaun

SuperShaun

May 20, 2016
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Supershaun, while I absolutely LUV my ATP...I do feel I'm losing some depth, I feel that's about my only disadvantage right now. Not trying to ruffle any feathers to ATP owners, it's absolutely, hands down, the best machine in that price range..I would like to hear what you see in comparison once you get your new machine dialed in. I am in the market for an upgrade, but keeping the ATP for backup and for friends/family to use. Looking forward to seeing how you like your new silver sniffer...thx ddf.
I felt the same also, and I'm also keeping my atp. I'll keep informed about what I learn and how it acts.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dirtdiggingfool not to get in a debate but your losing alot more than depth. Go watch my video on recovery speed in the head to head section and you will see what your missing.do me a favor go out in your yard and bury a silver half dollar at 12 inchs and tell me what the pro says it is. it will call it iron. The at pro calls targets at the edge of its detection depth iron even though there silver coins. Super Shaun congrats on your new machine !

Last edited:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dirtdiggingfool not to get in a debate but your losing alot more than depth. Go watch my video on recovery speed in the head to head section and you will see what your missing.do me a favor go out in your yard and bury a silver half dollar at 12 inchs and tell me what the pro says it is. it will call it iron. The at pro calls targets at the edge of its detection depth iron even though there silver coins. Super Shaun congrats on your new machine !

Calabash...no debate, I appreciate the info...im at breakfast right now, going to try to get a couple permissions but I AM going to sink my 43 Walker to a foot deep today and give that a try...thanks again, I will post my results or PM you later...and where can I find your videos?...sincerely, ddf.

OP
OP
SuperShaun

SuperShaun

May 20, 2016
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
7801108ebd281f0220f502544344fa0f.jpg

Just came in

Keep Swinging My Friends! ;-)

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like Christmas came early for you Bro. I bet it's charged and ready to go. I also bet you took it out tonight.

OP
OP
SuperShaun

SuperShaun

May 20, 2016
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I swung it around the backyard to hear the sounds. I'm hyped up but I'll take it out in the morning to really see how it does
Also been playing around with my silver I found with my at pro to see and hear sounds a lil air test.
Keep Swinging My Friends! ;-)

Last edited:

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get Andy's book if you haven't already!

Mahskeeter

Jun 18, 2016
Fort Gratiot, Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a shipping number for my Deus. Couple days! So excited. I wish I could have kept my ATP for backup as well, but I had trade it in to bridge the price gap. I'm so freaking excited. This has been the longest week ever. I don't detect every day, but it's all I think about since I can't right now.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a shipping number for my Deus. Couple days! So excited. I wish I could have kept my ATP for backup as well, but I had trade it in to bridge the price gap. I'm so freaking excited. This has been the longest week ever. I don't detect every day, but it's all I think about since I can't right now.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

You won't be disappointed. Take the time to learn the machine. By that I mean all the settings and what they mean and do. Gary has a great set of instructional videos on YouTube and of course I always mention Andy Sabisch's book to close the gap in learning. After you understand what each setting does and the effects it has, you will be able to tune your machine for your exact purpose and conditions. This maximizes the functionality and you will soon see there is very little that comes close to the capabilities of the machine you just bought.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread