All Treasure Hunting

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im working with them, you are not... There is a big difference. I got a lot more to lose by throwing the title out on here. You got nothing

Nice deflection. I wasn't just referring to the show, that's only come about in the past few weeks. This thread has been going on for months before any show was on the radar, and you failed to answer a lot of questions back then.

Roger Rantz

Banned
Feb 25, 2020
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice deflection. I wasn't just referring to the show, that's only come about in the past few weeks. This thread has been going on for months before any show was on the radar, and you failed to answer a lot of questions back then.

Hopefully your questions get answered on the show.

Roger Rantz

Banned
Feb 25, 2020
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just move from One thread to the other and they keep switching threads posting right behind me smh

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You scout for locations, not for stories.

Here's the problem I have with your claims of "scouting" for a production company. They would do it in-house, or hire a credentialed location scout or company or whatever you mean by that term. It's almost unheard of for an established company to allow freelance scouting to be done for them and especially without guidelines or conditions, location or whatever else you mean by that term. Of course I could be wrong, but-

From what I've seen so far from Chagy, I'd say he's just doing this on his own and forwarding any "bites" he gets to the production company's facebook page.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found the "lost dutchman mine" and its going to get shown thanks to chagy for this thread.

You found a mine of which there are literally 1000's in the area. That is the only factual claim you can make .

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I found the "lost dutchman mine" and its going to get shown thanks to chagy for this thread.
you haven't found anything yet...no ore..no gold..you don't even have a mine...this chaggy chap stopped talking on here..probably to distance himself from all the b.s that is unfolding here...skulls?...really?...thats a new one....even mick never came up with that one...lol

Roger Rantz

Banned
Feb 25, 2020
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave you will watch the show, and ill have your undivided attention, just like i have you guys on here lol

Roger Rantz

Banned
Feb 25, 2020
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of yall have been put on the ignore list and when the show starts, I will not be communicating with you

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
Well, I'm just hoping for their sake they find enough original, novel stories and content to make the series distinct from all the other 'lost treasure hunt' shows.

Otherwise it's going to be the same old tired rehash of the same old stories and the TV industry is rather fickle. What was once a certain 'greenlight' can get changed to a redlight.

You all would realise they filter and grade the stories for their value to the production from ' Grade A, we want this' to ' Grade Z, only to be used in emergency for filler if we absolutely can't find anything else'.

Sometimes then it has to be a balance between including Grade Z with Grade A to try to make up enough episodes for a series.

The danger is when a production company starts development but can't then come up with enough new content so it just ends up looking like a similar show. It might not then get the final go ahead from the channel.

If it's an already established series that has enough of an audience cache (meaning ratings) the channel may still give the go ahead and it'll run with whatever they've got.

Hell, I know of one series that shot the same episode content 4 times now with only minor changes made to the title each time.

If they are even thinking here of doing the LDM <again> it means they are struggling to make new content and are lucky dipping the Grade Z bucket.

Shall the series even go ahead in the end?

Only the channel knows......

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I'm just hoping for their sake they find enough original, novel stories and content to make the series distinct from all the other 'lost treasure hunt' shows.

Otherwise it's going to be the same old tired rehash of the same old stories and the TV industry is rather fickle. What was once a certain 'greenlight' can get changed to a redlight.

You all would realise they filter and grade the stories for their value to the production from ' Grade A, we want this' to ' Grade Z, only to be used in emergency for filler if we absolutely can't find anything else'.

Sometimes then it has to be a balance between including Grade Z with Grade A to try to make up enough episodes for a series.

The danger is when a production company starts development but can't then come up with enough new content so it just ends up looking like a similar show. It might not then get the final go ahead from the channel.

If it's an already established series that has enough of an audience cache (meaning ratings) the channel may still give the go ahead and it'll run with whatever they've got.

Hell, I know of one series that shot the same episode content 4 times now with only minor changes made to the title each time.

If they are even thinking here of doing the LDM <again> it means they are struggling to make new content and are lucky dipping the Grade Z bucket.

Shall the series even go ahead in the end?

Only the channel knows......

When will you understand that you're not talking to hicks here? You don't seem to understand that there are posters here that know pretty well how these things work.

One more time, it's not that they can't churn out grade A. The majority of them don't want to. Why? Grade A material costs a lot more, and requires a lot more sweat, than B material.

B material preserves the profit margin, which is the only thing most of them care about, or have been given the budget to do.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
When will you understand that you're not talking to hicks here? You don't seem to understand that there are posters here that know pretty well how these things work.

One more time, it's not that they can't churn out grade A. The majority of them don't want to. Why? Grade A material costs a lot more, and requires a lot more sweat, than B material.

B material preserves the profit margin, which is the only thing most of them care about, or have been given the budget to do.
grade A means you have to hire actual actors..and actors are a little more difficult to bully than an average joe that has never dealt with these kind of people

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeing as how the guy who has Forrest Fenn's treasure chest in hand....as confirmed by Fen himself....I wonder what a top notch production outfit would be willing to pay the finder to feature HIS story in a series.....given they could have a final episode featuring the real deal fora change.
Just asking for a friend.....ya know.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No money fooling around with production companies. Enjoy the treasure and stay quite about it.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No money fooling around with production companies. Enjoy the treasure and stay quite about it.

Fenn says the lucky guy doesn't want to go public, but I'll bet the IRS is looking to find out who he is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread