New Treasure Hunting TV show

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
"When will you understand that you're not talking to hicks here?"

You might think that of yourself and I can see how you formed that opinion given what you write.

Methinks that thou protesteth too much about a simple posting, a simple process and the relating of the experience by those who did it for those who didn't do it or hadn't tried it before.

Almost as if you are pissed that you got turned down....again.

I suppose it is disheartening when you don't even make the Grade Z bucket.

Last edited:

Roger Rantz

Banned
Feb 25, 2020
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I'm just hoping for their sake they find enough original, novel stories and content to make the series distinct from all the other 'lost treasure hunt' shows.

Otherwise it's going to be the same old tired rehash of the same old stories and the TV industry is rather fickle. What was once a certain 'greenlight' can get changed to a redlight.

You all would realise they filter and grade the stories for their value to the production from ' Grade A, we want this' to ' Grade Z, only to be used in emergency for filler if we absolutely can't find anything else'.

Sometimes then it has to be a balance between including Grade Z with Grade A to try to make up enough episodes for a series.

The danger is when a production company starts development but can't then come up with enough new content so it just ends up looking like a similar show. It might not then get the final go ahead from the channel.

If it's an already established series that has enough of an audience cache (meaning ratings) the channel may still give the go ahead and it'll run with whatever they've got.

Hell, I know of one series that shot the same episode content 4 times now with only minor changes made to the title each time.

If they are even thinking here of doing the LDM <again> it means they are struggling to make new content and are lucky dipping the Grade Z bucket.

Shall the series even go ahead in the end?

Only the channel knows......

So i guess you were grade A? Even tho you turned them down? O Yea dredgernaught was the only One who knew who the production team was... You wouldnt produce an answer earlier

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right. They all get a salary for doing the show. Poor Fred I do believe his clean outs when I see them. Dave Turin seems to have a problem with trespassing and not following land owners rules. That is a big no no around here. Am sure the salary is what keeps Rick in the game.
(LOL). But.... my post said nothing about Gold Rush.It was the people metal detecting for nuggets and dry washing in Australia and the people who mined opals.
Where have you been? Have not see you for a long time. I agree with all of you about this new fake show and Gold Rush.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
"When will you understand that you're not talking to hicks here?"

You might think that of yourself and I can see how you formed that opinion given what you write.

Methinks that thou protesteth too much about a simple posting, a simple process and the relating of the experience by those who did it for those who didn't do it or hadn't tried it before.

Almost as if you are pissed that you got turned down....again.

I suppose it is disheartening when you don't even make the Grade Z bucket.

You, of course, are speaking for yourself.

What you don't seem to understand is some of us don't care for that stuff. What would we possibly want with a production that will just do whatever it wants, mess up the story, deliver a inferior product, pocket the money, and leave us with crackpots and nutjobs littering the mountainside? I almost never see people in the areas of the mountains that I hike, and I'd like to keep it that way.

My favorite thing is to find a place way up high, sit and eat my lunch there, admire the spectacular scenery, and think about the grand history of the many things that happened in the Superstitions.

There's infinitely more joy in doing that than there is in considering any sort of fringe benefit of being involved in a "production."

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where have you been? Have not see you for a long time. I agree with all of you about this new fake show and Gold Rush.

Sir, I have been out finding my own treasures now that the weather has broke. You know me I hunt from the Civil war to the Paleo era and I actually find things.
Stay safe !

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roger Rantz incoming in 3...2...1...

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So how is yet another prospector show on the Lost Dutchman make sense when someone has already located the 18 mines from the Peralta Stones?

There is even an investigation started as to the reason that there is a Military Issue Tent Canopy newly erected over the site as seen on Google Earth in clear sight with their wagons and tanks showing

Lost Dutchman Mining Operations 2020.jpg New Pic from 2020

Lost Dutchman Mine overlay 2.jpg Old Pic I posted here in 2015

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is going to be another wandering season of shows I can tell already, if this continues the way it was started with Philly Frank and the Hand Drawn Map

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So how is yet another prospector show on the Lost Dutchman make sense when someone has already located the 18 mines from the Peralta Stones?

There is even an investigation started as to the reason that there is a Military Issue Tent Canopy newly erected over the site as seen on Google Earth in clear sight with their wagons and tanks showing

View attachment 1845881 New Pic from 2020

View attachment 1845882 Old Pic I posted here in 2015

And just WHO is conducting this "investigation" Eldo ?

Who do you claim put the wagons way up there ?

And when ?

Hinterlander

Dec 28, 2016
AZ
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to page 56 to see what they're trying to hide... Oh. Wait. Never mind.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread