new vaquero today.

gw1952

Nov 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX, E-TRAC
Just tried a vaquero today. School site, max sensitivity OK, dis. set 1 notch below nickles. I am used to id units how ever this is lighter and you soon get used to using only tones. Good depth, 6" was about the deepest I dug.
Pinpoint was right on. I would like to see no motion all metal mode and pinpoint tone changed, it sounds like a strangled duck. Other than that a very simple unit and ground balance was easy. This unit really loves nickles, Rings and small jewelry. Hope this helps someone.

The only suggestion I would make is to turn down the sensitivity some if you get any feed back from your, "strangled duck."

Sandman

Strangled duck!!!! I like that. I guess thats exactly what that sounds like!!!!! I hardly need to use the pinpoint button though. I find my Cibola is very accurate by just xing the target. I wish you the best!!!! Tesoros rock ;D
Greg

I just got the vaquero yesterday... I set the ground balance and it was so easy that I thought I had done it wrong... anyway I have already found 23 cents and a piece of very old costume jewlry... I love it...

curbsweeper said:
i put together mine last night. it balanced fairly easy. i think i will like this as my first md. now if the ground will thaw out :'(
yea us too. the first three days I owned it the we had a terrible ice storm but we're back to normal now....

You guys all enjoying your new metal detectors make me wanna buy another one so I can play too. Soon it will thaw and we can get out. In the mean time I am enjoying reading thegoldenolde.com/

Sandman said:
The only suggestion I would make is to turn down the sensitivity some if you get any feed back from your, "strangled duck."

Sandman
same here.. I rarely max sens unless i am in a field. i found that half dime under my name at a good depth with my sens set at 4 and the disc right below a nickle... If you want a little more depth after ground balance is set switch over to discr, then turn you gb knob up a few notches... beware if you try to pinpoint the machine will scream...so no pp when doing this.. to be honest I hardly ever use pp.... just my 2cts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back