New Vaquero

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got my Tesoro Vaquero yesterday. I took it out of the box on my lunch break and went outside to our gravel parking lot.. i found 2 clad dimes, and 3 lincolns. and we have a lot of trash out there. i was so excited at the desrimation it has.. when i got home it was already dark and I took it out in the yard and found a 20's or 30's peice of costume jewlry. it sounded off like quarter and was about the size of one.. it was a 7 1/2 inches.. color me impressed.. sorry no pics yet. will try to get something loaded by monday... ;D ;D ;D

Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard those Tesoros are nice machines and are very lite weight. I understand the coil runs at 18 KHz or around there, you will probably dig small targets that sound great very deep. HH and have fun with your new machine, Mike

RonO

Feb 10, 2006
Cotacachi, Ecuador
Detector(s) used
XP Deus - Fisher F-75 Ltd - Omega 8000
You will love your new Vaquero! I have been detecting for about 7 years and have had 3 Fishers, 1 Garrett,
2 Minelabs. My favorite detector for the last 5 years has been my Minelab Explorer XS, but I bought a Tesoro Vaquero last year and love it. It is so light and easy to swing that I added another Tesoro, a DeLeon to my collection. The Vaquero is great on small coins and rings. It truly shines on gold! I use the DeLeon in parks and school yards just to find coins, the Vaquero at old home sites and a couple of Civil War sites, and the Explorer XS everywhere. After working a new area with the Explorer I then try the Tesoro units. All detectors will find "treasure", but sometimes changing to a detector that uses a different frequency makes the site give up a lot more stuff.
Welcome to the best forum on the web and keep us informed of your finds.
Happy Hunting!
Ron

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta have pictures, ya know! ;D Sounds like a great find!

Congrats! Nana :)

T

TreasureTales

Tesoros are great machines. Hope you find many treasures.

Dick from IA

Nov 21, 2005
Fort Dodge Iowa & Aransas Pass Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Congrats on the new Vaq, Gonehunting. Look forward to seeing and hearing about your successes with it.

I tried one last summer, but had a problem hearing the low tones, so exchanged it for an XTerra 70. Now my hearing problem has been corrected and there's a high tone option on the Vaq's, which would help.

I preferred it to the XTerra; just got to find a dealer willing to trade and I'll be back in Tesoro land ;D

Dick

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome-
Bought a Vaquero myself this fall, absolutely love it. Found my first and second gold rings within three weeks of owning. Still getting used to the ground balance, and I have had some difficulty with the very deep stuff, but I'm sure it's just an experience thing...
Good luck, make sure you post your finds for us to see!
Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions