new vs old

findit

Jul 1, 2007
If i already have a cibola and a vaquero would i be wasting my money on a silver? i read where people have both. Is there an advantage to having the silver in my stable of detectors? The way i look at it and please correct me if i am wrong the newer detectors have a ed180 disc vs ed120 and the have a higher gain. So would i not be getting less than what i already have if i purchased the silver or even golden for that matter?

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
findit,

I'm a Tesoro dealer and I don't see buying a Silver as a good move for you. Unless you have some reason that escapes me I don't see what use it would be when you have the Vaquero and the Cibola. What type of hunting do you do? Joe

OP
OP
findit

findit

Jul 1, 2007
thks Joe. I mostly like to hunt around old homesites, parks, yards, things of that sort. looking for coins, jewelry, or just anything old of interest. i forgot to ask if was to add another what do you think it should be or do i even need anything else?

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
findit,

Well it sounds like you have the type of detecting you do pretty well covered. If anything you might want to consider a Cortes. If you like jewelry, water hunting is the way to go. That would be a Tiger Shark. Joe

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will agree with Joe on this. You already have two fine detectors and stepping down to a Umax won't increase your finds.

OP
OP
findit

findit

Jul 1, 2007
hi guys i also forgot to mention one other thing. i also have a minelab sovereign elite although i hardly ever use it anymore now that i have the cibola and vaquero. but i think i am covered if i ever wanted to search on the beaches, but i really don't ever go near the water( call me strange ) . i know that is the best place to probably find jewelry, but i just have not had the desire. like i said i just prefer to hunt the yards, parks. so do you think there is another machine that would help in certain situations, or am i just thinking about it too much and should just enjoy what i have?

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds to me that you have more than covered it..... With what you have got, I would say that you can just about find anything...

Maybe look at excessories.... coils etc.

God bless
Peter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions