New water detector new finds!

L

labnewbie

Hi all!

Thanks for the advice on the water detector got my cz20 on friday and spent the rest of the weekend up to my waist in lake Ontario. Was working offshore from where a french fort was from 1690 thru 1721 and found a ton of trash(with a new detector i dig everything!) and three nice coins.The copper coin i am clueless on,it has a mans bust an a roman numeral 3(?) the reverse is worn smooth as a baby's bottom.Any help on the id of this coin would be appreciated as i am jonesing to know what it is lol

Thanks again!

Attachments

• MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 446
  • MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 466
  • MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 446
  • MVC-011S.JPG
    MVC-011S.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 449
Upvote 0
D

Deadshot

Wow that dollar is great. Congratz on the new Machine and the Wonderful finds.

Keep it up.
Deadshot

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
WOW! Very Nice...
I wish I would have gotten the Cz-20 instead of the 3D, just so I could get it into the water, and the rain...
Good choice,? looks like you have a good reason to be very happy about your decision...
Good Luck & Happy hunting~

Ooops,,, Sorry, no clue on the coin...

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coins!

HH

Lonewolfe

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME FINDS!

;)

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Great finds, It really payed to pick up that detector. The coin you need help on I am almost certain it is a King William the 3rd. Early 1700's in date I would say. I think it's a penny. With no date and no back makes it hard. The bust facing to the right though was typical for king william.

Reguardless great peice of early history lost by someone stationed at that fort long ago. I would go and hunt that area alot after storms and whenever you get time.

HH Jeremy

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Late 1690's to the first few years of the 1700's. That would fit the era of the fort exactly. I would say that is what you have. Worth some money also if in better shape. Saw some in vf condition in those years and they listed for 1200. Don't hold me to it but I think this is what you have. Also does he have a pony tail hanging off the back of his head and neck area.

Hope this helps HH Jer

OP
OP
L

labnewbie

Wow,

Thanks for all the help, i will dig there again when the weather cooperates,North winds have been stirring up 4 foot breakers on the lake the past few days..HOW do you guys do this in the ocean surf??As for the coin yep he does have a pony tail

HH labnewbie

F

Floater

Great finds and great hunting Lab. I was just in Syracuse over the weekend But if I had known I would of met ya at the fort. Sounds Great and next time I'm up I'll let you know. The Excal loves water huntin and that Cz is going to treat you well also. Great Machine. HH
How do we do it with the surf? We dont We stay the hell out because the undertow and ripcurrents will drag ya out plus your just beating yourself to death. LOL ;D Wait for calm days before and after the fronts and storms.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread