New way to dump - For me at least.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joined BOA this week (fourth bank). Lady behind the counter told me to just bring in all the loose halfs that I have and she
will bag them up and ship them to Fort Myers to be counted. Once counted, the attached deposit slip tells them where to
deposit the money. I think I am upping my box count to two a week now instead of 1. It used to taked three days to
dump $500.00 worth of halves, it now takes roughly five minutes.... :hello2:

Upvote 0

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. That is really nice and a heck of a lot easier.

apush :read2:

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, hope you get some good boxes :thumbsup:
HH..Miner

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoy it while it lasts. They will soon be tired of you and cut you off.

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AGCoinHunter said:

Has that happened to you?

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FreedomUIC said:
AGCoinHunter said:

Yep. After a few thousand they begin to get antsy about you bringing in halves. They don't view these as "normal" and it raises flags with the branch manager. Eventually they will give you the talk either don't bring any more in or fees are going to be assessed on you for bringing them in. Best thing is spread out those dumps and use coin machines.

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AGCoinHunter said:
FreedomUIC said:
AGCoinHunter said:

Yep. After a few thousand they begin to get antsy about you bringing in halves. They don't view these as "normal" and it raises flags with the branch manager. Eventually they will give you the talk either don't bring any more in or fees are going to be assessed on you for bringing them in. Best thing is spread out those dumps and use coin machines.

Thanks for the heads up.... :thumbsup:

EpsilonMinus

May 14, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
AGCoinHunter said:
...and then you bring up the *cough* BAIL OUT. "That's right, you're going to take my halves!"

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
You will get lots of extra service for signing up to new banks but like the above posters mentioned, the love afair will be short lived.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I've never had a problem with BofA dumping. I've been dumping at BofA for the last two years ever since I noticed someone else's dump box when I ordered from them. BofA is a large merchant bank with access to lots of change and input of change from merchants. Dumping a box there isn't going to upset them.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't trust that method, what happens if the bag gets lost in transit? I have to get my cash immediately after I dump the coin.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
fistfulladirt said:
I don't trust that method, what happens if the bag gets lost in transit? I have to get my cash immediately after I dump the coin.

I've always gotten cash right away. They have my account # so if it's off, they know where to get me. I've yet to have problems with it.. most busy BofA's do this for me. My main dump bank know me well enough now that they trust me and never question me about the boxes I turn in and they always give me cash right off the bat. For the record, the most I've dumped at once was 5 boxes of halves last year.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
SFBayArea said:
fistfulladirt said:

I've always gotten cash right away. They have my account # so if it's off, they know where to get me. I've yet to have problems with it.. most busy BofA's do this for me. My main dump bank know me well enough now that they trust me and never question me about the boxes I turn in and they always give me cash right off the bat.
The other poster mentioned that the coin has to be shipped off and counted, and then the $ is deposited in their account. Sounds like a couple days before they see their $.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
fistfulladirt said:
SFBayArea said:
fistfulladirt said:

I've always gotten cash right away. They have my account # so if it's off, they know where to get me. I've yet to have problems with it.. most busy BofA's do this for me. My main dump bank know me well enough now that they trust me and never question me about the boxes I turn in and they always give me cash right off the bat.
The other poster mentioned that the coin has to be shipped off and counted, and then the $ is deposited in their account. Sounds like a couple days before you see the $.

Sorry, yeah I know about that program too. I don't like it. It's meant more for people who have a lot of loose change to turn in who don't bother to count it and roll it themselves. I see what you're saying.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
But as others have mentioned they will tire of your dumping and most likely cut you off one it becomes habitiual.

I'm certain she was trying to be nice but if you show up with 1k or more every week they might put a stop to it.

Mojo

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SFBayArea said:
fistfulladirt said:
SFBayArea said:
fistfulladirt said:

The other poster mentioned that the coin has to be shipped off and counted, and then the $ is deposited in their account. Sounds like a couple days before you see the $.

Sorry, yeah I know about that program too. I don't like it. It's meant more for people who have a lot of loose change to turn in who don't bother to count it and roll it themselves. I see what you're saying.

I have the tag off the bag as proof the coins went out. Once it hits my account, I can file the tag and move on. It usually ships on a Monday if I get there before 1:00 and credited by Tuesday afternoon. If you need the cash right off the bat you are either turning boxes really fast or maybe you should cut down on the amount that you CRH. Just my opinion and not meant to be malice.

The lady behind the counter told me that she does it for hundreds of customers at her branch and that it is absolutely no problem
for her as long as she can lift the bag. That was the only requirement.

I hope everyone is wrong and they continue as they said, but alas, If it is to good to be true, it probably is :(

Even if they charge a couple of dollars to dump, it wouldn't be that bad and I defintely consider it as well.

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dropped off the bag late Monday (After Brinks Left), money deposited on Thursday evening. Three days, I will take that.
Withdraw money from checking account and place back in safe for next week.... :hello2:

Tattooguy67

Sep 26, 2009
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT & Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
FreedomUIC said:
Dropped off the bag late Monday (After Brinks Left), money deposited on Thursday evening. Three days, I will take that.
Withdraw money from checking account and place back in safe for next week.... :hello2:
Sounds like a sweet system Freedom, I wonder if you left the cash in the account longer, and also maybe deposit some to stay in at all times whether they would be less likely to sour on you over time?

Chuck.

XX

Jan 11, 2008
The biggest problem with BOA and their "coin service" is that once you give them the coins, whatever they say was in the bag is what you get. If it's off, you are SOL, no matter how much you complain. If the amount that is off is <$10, then they may give you a one time "courtesy credit" for your troubles when you complain. With BOA, there will never be a second "courtesy credit".

The most common error with BOA is counting dimes as pennies. People that dump only pennies love BOA because they frequently get more than they dropped off due to pennies being counted as dimes.

Other errors are simple impossible to guess as to what caused them, but it doesn't matter because BOA will never truely investigate it.

You will love the service until the first time you are shorted.

Good Luck and enjoy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread