New Wrecks...

atedeschi

Greenie
Jun 15, 2006
I know this may have been asked before but I have not found the post in which answers my question. I was wondering where to find information on shipwrecks and I know there are lots of placed in DC but will they send you info through the mail. If you guys could point me in the right direction on were to find information to research wrecks please let me know. Also is there a database in which hangnumbers (coordinates in which commerical fishing boats get there net stuck or lost) are posted.
Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Ant, there is no one place to get numbers. I got mine from the local library, newspapers, friends, shipwreck books, the internet, etc. or I found them myself. The National Archives in DC will mail you info but is is difficult to get them to understand what you want.

Daniel in NC

Dec 3, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I don't know what area you are located but Gary Gentile has a few books out...the one I have is North Carolina Shipwrecks from Hatteras Inlet south. At the end of the book he lists the loran location of the wreck and also hang numbers. He has a few other state shipwreck books, I believe New Jersey is one...check online (Amazon) for books authored by Gary Gentile, it may be helpful. Good luck.

Daniel

OP
OP
atedeschi

atedeschi

Greenie
Jun 15, 2006
Yes I know about Gary. I have spoke with him recently about his newest book "Shadow Divers Exposed". It is a great book and is the truth about the U-869. I have read nost of his books though they are very good. I work during the summer at Atlantic Divers, here is the website: www.njwreckdivers.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions