Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all I'm new to this site...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country)...

...may have stumbled on some more and I just wanted to know if anyone could identify...
tn_metal_detector.gif
Haven't a clue what you are talking about...

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from IL. I can’t help with ID but there are experts on this forum that will gladly help you.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome !
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Weigh it on a gram scale. Then weigh it suspended in water by hanging it on a fine thread. (zero the vessel of water on the scale first) The difference in weight (vs volume) is the gold content of the "rock". Check out instructions on how to do this and interpret the results. ╦╦ç

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don’t see anything in the picture you have provided. Sometimes the gold can be hard to see. Can you take a closer clear pic of what you think might be gold?
Gold can look that color, especially when alloyed with large amounts of silver or platinum. ╦╦ç

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know what gold looks like
Yes, I'm sure you do. Where in my post disputes that? Gold comes in many colors, ranging from almost white to "golden" to almost black., depending on the included impurities. "White" gold has a high platinum content. May I assume the included pic of yours has two nuggets? The "golden" nuggie is almost pure. The other has what appears to be a high platinum or silver content. I have seen gold come off of Rich Hill (AZ) colored similar to the pic offered by the original poster. I am only suggesting that he needs to check the specific gravity of his rock to see, if in fact, he has gold in there and how much. Check out the three volume set offered by Eric Melchior on the gold of Rich Hill to see rocks looking very similar to 420KID's rock. ╦╦ç

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread