newb to detecting have prizm IV

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Follow the directions to the letter till you get a feel for the sounds. Use headphones so as to not attract attention and be neat in your retrieves to fill your holes. It is best to not even make on while using a screwdriver. Try to hunt were others haven't and the goodies will come. If you want gold rings, 90% or them are in the pull tab range so you gotta dig a lot of these. It's easier on the beach sands for pull tab/ring digging.

good Luck.

Diggerbarns

Oct 30, 2007
I have a prizm 5 and its a good coinhunter.I found with both the prizm 2 and 5 ( I,ve owned both ) that pull tabs will confuse the detector more than can slaw.They will register as nickles most everytime.One thing I dont care for about the prizms is they have a lag sometimes.Meaning when a target is found and you sweep over it repeateadly sometimes it registers and sometimes it doesnt.This is an inconsistant target and most of the time is a hot rock or garbage.That inconsistancy gets on my nerves.I,ve learned to walk away from those targets.But when the prizm hits a quarter IT SINGS DING DING DING ! and you know it.I like the prizms for a walk around the park type of detecting.

R

robert roy

About the Prizms, are you limited to the stock coil or are their smaller coils you can use?
Robert R

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread