Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Pepper2004 said:
radarwill said:
SF

I figured you were using some sort of a probe. How do you raise the target if you didn't mistake a rock for it?
It must take some finesse. I don't think I got it in me.

Hi, I never thought I would be able to pop out a coin with a probe either. While I'm still not an expert doing it.....Now with all the practice I've been doing I can now pop coins out at least 5 times out of 10. If I can do it you can too. :wink:

I am gonna have to try this probe also, I have seen it and it is the best way to get a coin out.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Everything I dug was with a probe for many years in upstate NY...

I made my own using my father's method - always made of brass.

Now, it comes up in the plug because of the rocky soil here in Montana where I dig. :)

OP
OP
coingairl300

coingairl300

Mar 17, 2008
Warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bridgeendfarm said:
Welcome Priscilla,

I just ask or send a letter if it is not local. I tell them I like to find and discovery stuff. If they have a lost family heirloom I would like to try and find it for them. I have pictures of places (homes) I have been allowed to hunt with before and after of my dig area. I always use a towel to put the dirt on if it someone's home. I do my very best to make it look like it did. If you new at digging and hunting I recommend you pratice some in a field, etc. Before long you will get better at it and can make a small intrusion and once covered it looks undisturbed.

Have fun as it is the most important part and enjoy

Thanks. I am going saturday to ask this land owner for permission about hunting this old school that he has on his property. Ill let you no what happens . Priscilla

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
coingairl300 said:
bridgeendfarm said:
Welcome Priscilla,

I just ask or send a letter if it is not local. I tell them I like to find and discovery stuff. If they have a lost family heirloom I would like to try and find it for them. I have pictures of places (homes) I have been allowed to hunt with before and after of my dig area. I always use a towel to put the dirt on if it someone's home. I do my very best to make it look like it did. If you new at digging and hunting I recommend you pratice some in a field, etc. Before long you will get better at it and can make a small intrusion and once covered it looks undisturbed.

Thanks. I am going saturday to ask this land owner for permission about hunting this old school that he has on his property. Ill let you no what happens . Priscilla

Did you get to hunt it?

OP
OP
coingairl300

coingairl300

Mar 17, 2008
Warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bridge End Farm said:
coingairl300 said:
bridgeendfarm said:
Welcome Priscilla,

Did you get to hunt it?

HI
The property that the old school is locaded on, is owned by my locale church,I went last week to ask them if it was aright to search arond the old school house,the paster told me that he would bring it up in there next meeting. sow, i whan't hear from them within 3 weeks from now.
Priscilla

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread